DID GROWING LONG HAIR CHANGE YOUR STYLE?

LivingDoll

As I sit here imagining myself with long flowing locks :spinning:, I'm also imagining different looks that I would like to wear with my long hair. Right now, with "in-between" hair, I'm not feeling real sexy and that's affecting the way I feel and dress.

When you reached your hair goal, did it change your attitude and style? How so?

Last edited:
I'm nape length and it's killing me...when i wanna go out and party I feel like I have to slap on my wig to make myself feel pretty. It's sad but true...:perplexed

Yes I think there are things I can wear with short hair that don't look as good with longer hair and vice versa.

This is a really good question...I'm not sure what my style will be when I get to my hair goal.

As for the in between length, I totally hear you. When your hair is not cute, you don't feel like putting on cute clothes. But you gotta do it girl! You wear the hair, don't let it wear you. So put on some cute clothes, makeup (if you wear it), and strut your stuff.

this is funny because my best friend and I were just talking about this the other day. She says I seem more confident now that I am rocking this longer hair look (braids). Like a little more live a diva, but in a good way. And its funny but I feel that way too (sad huh:nono:) But its funny how our hair can sometimes shape our personalities or current demeanor. (Can't wait till I actually have half of this length)

It definitely makes me feel more feminine. I think it gives me more "style" options because I can do so many things with my hair...I can look like a professional power woman with the bun or a fabulous diva with long, sleek hair or I can go bohemian glam with toussled waves or a braidout. That kind of versatility has inspired me to do more things fashion-wise.

yeah it has changed my style. I walk more confidently now and my clothing is daring. I wear hills all the time and my style is more corperate casual now.

Actually, it's helped to restore my preferred style (fairly care-free). I feel more like myself again. :yep:

Yes I think there are things I can wear with short hair that don't look as good with longer hair and vice versa.

This is a really good question...I'm not sure what my style will be when I get to my hair goal.

As for the in between length, I totally hear you. When your hair is not cute, you don't feel like putting on cute clothes. But you gotta do it girl! You wear the hair, don't let it wear you. So put on some cute clothes, makeup (if you wear it), and strut your stuff.

I've been trying but my subconscious is pulling me to "librarian" clothes...:lachen:

No, my style has not changed....however I can totally relate to envisioning yourself in all your FABULOUSNESS once you reach your goal. Or you imagine yourself running into haters looking like a super model...LOL. I admit, I have done this.

The last couple of years I've been really into wigs. But the last couple of months I haven't been wearing them much.

I'm liking my hair a lot more when it's down. I definitely feel more feminine. I like the weight of it on my back (now that it's really starting to grow down my back).

Now I'm able to twist my hair and use like 3-5 bobby pins in the back to make this bun/french roll looking thing. It's really simple, I can do it when my hair is wet, and it makes me feel real sophisticated.

When I do rollersets, I can choose not to comb out the curls and let them hang. My ponytails look better (don't always feel like I need to put a phony on top of them, just caruso and I'm done).

So yes, the longer my hair gets the more my style changes.

But when my hair was shorter, I also loved styling it. Look at my avatar pic. That was taken last May. I loved my hair in that pic and it's one of my fav pics of my hair. I also felt very fem., for me it's just a diff. fem. feeling that comes the longer my hair gets.

Maybe it sounds silly, but I kind of feel priviledged to be a black woman who knows how to take care of my relaxed African hair and is seeing results...

...cuz it was such a long period in my life when I'd wake up and notice I lost several inches and my hair looked like a dog chewed on it -- and I really didn't know why!

I'm nape length and it's killing me...when i wanna go out and party I feel like I have to slap on my wig to make myself feel pretty. It's sad but true...:perplexed

I can relate.:yep: I feel much more attractive and confident with "some hair on my head". My hair is uneven and I've had severe breakage in some spots so now, I wouldn't be caught in the public eye without a weave or braids until my hair improves.:wallbash: Sad but true.

Back