Did anyone else wait at least a year before the BC?

Honey-Dip

I am thinking of doing the BC at end of the year. That will be 13 months of transitioning. I am just hoping that I have enough hair for a puff. I was also wondering should I wait until next summer and gain more growth. What did you do? Where you pleased with the results?

I transitioned for 14 months before doing the BC. Although I wish I had more length I do not regret doing it. I was sooooo ready to see the limp relaxed hair go..because it was really hindering my styling choices, I was getting severe breakage, and detangling was crazy. So it turned out to be the best thing I could have done...even with short hair.

I waited 14 months and then chopped. I was able to put my hair in a little ponytail. You can see pictures of the length it was in my fotki. I had wanted to wait 18 months, but decided it would be better for my hair to chop early. I was happy to be rid of the relaxed ends, but it was a bit jarring to suddenly have short hair. However, if I had the chance to go back, I'd do the exact same thing. :)

I originally planned to wait a year or more, but I just got too curious about what my hair would look like and also I got tired of wearing the same transitioning styles.

I'd always had long hair, so it was a bit of a shock to suddenly have 4 inches, but now I love my hair (though I have to admit it took me a while to come to love it)

I bet you will have enough for a puff by then. Can't wait to see it!

Like the previous posters stated I waited around the same time 14-15 months I just wanted enough lenght so that I could put my hair into a little pontail for me that was my goal if I can put it into a pontail then chop chop chop here I come. Now I am over a year natural and I love it:grin:

I'm waiting for length too. I initally wanted to wait at least a year but that time came and went. Now I probably wont chop until mid-late 2009.

Ebony Majestic, Lauren450, SouthernTease, LittleSparkle and TONS of others have.

I know that TaraDyan is planning to chop at 18 months.

eta: I am waiting for a LOT more length until I chop. I've been transitioning about 18 months

HTH!

Last edited:
In the past whenever I transitioned, I waited about 12-14 months before the BC and I could definitely put it up in one for a big puff.

Ebony Majestic, Lauren450, SouthernTease, LittleSparkle and TONS of others have.

I know that TaraDyan is planning to chop at 18 months.

eta: I am waiting for a LOT more length until I chop. I've been transitioning about 18 months

HTH!

Yep, that's true. (Hiya, DenverGirl!) :wave:

I'll be a-choppin on September 5th ... which is the Friday before Labor Day. That way, I'll have the long weekend to get used to the new shorter "do".

my original plan was to wait a year but i feel in love with my natural texture and bc at about 6 months...i love my natural hair and my twa somedays but other i wish i would have waited the year only because ive never had short hair and i miss all of the styling options of long hair

my original plan was to wait a year but i feel in love with my natural texture and bc at about 6 months...i love my natural hair and my twa somedays but other i wish i would have waited the year only because ive never had short hair and i miss all of the styling options of long hair

I do miss my buns...such an easy protective style. Oh well, don't worry, we will be there again soon!

Its been 15 mos for me- I also need more growth before I will feel comfortable. I'm looking at 2 yrs more than likely, which will be April 09.

i am ten months poat and am planing on waiting for the 1 1/2 year mark. i love my hair so far but i still have heat damage hair in the front so im waiting until my relaxed hair reaches bsl(im apl now) brfore i chop.

I waited eleven months. I was going for one year but I couldn't take it anymore. I could not get one puff so I had to make two.:look:

I waited 18 months but spent the last year in weaves. I would cut more and more off with each install until off of the processed ends were gone.

I bc before and knew I didnt want a twa again

Back