DH is at it again - using my hair products!

naturalmanenyc

First it was my Hello Hydration conditioner, then my Aubrey Orangics products, then my Giovanni 50:50 poo & conditioner (which didn't work for me anyway) but now he's gotten into my Shea Moisture shea butter leave-in:ohwell: I had 2 bottles, one being almost full, and now I have 2 half empty bottles.

ETA - I forgot to add that he's also been in my avocado oil & shea butter conditioner. He even asked where I moved it when he did not see it on the shelf right away.:lachen:

Do your SO's use your hair products? If so, what do you do about it?

I guess it could be a good thing though since he will make sure we are well stocked:grin:

Last edited:
My FH has finished two of my shampoo bars. Thankfully its the only things he uses.

You are right about him making sure they are well stocked, when I'm buying my shampoo bars, he wants some too...so I just go head and add everything else I need on there. :look: Which isn't much, but....its all good in my hood.

I caught mine using my Suave Coconut conditioner. I bought a HUGE jug of Quantam conditioner for him and I asked him why he was using the Suave.....He said, it doesn't leave my hair so tangled, it is much easier to comb :ohwell:

What could I do, I had to agree. So the Quantum is now with my son and me and DH are now using Suave.

Men, can't live with them.....The End! :lachen:

Yes, mine even hennas his hair. (he's white lol)

One day I came home and caught him drying HIS hair under MY Pibbs !

Apparently he had an interview to go to, and he didn't want to go with wet hair :rolleyes:

My SO does...but luckily he usually flocks to the stuff I didn't like. So my PJ-ness isn't a complete waste. Kinda helps, really.

He likes my Giovanni Tree Triple Treat shampoo and condish. He said he likes the tingling sensation. Since I don't use shampoo anymore I let him have it.

I caught my mom using my (kinda pricey) coconut oil on her legs and i got peeved, I was like ummmm thats for your hair, she was like oh it works so well for my skin blah blah blah I just gave her the mean mug like oh no

I'm pretty territorial about my pricey or rare products lol

My mom dives into my shea butter every day and I dont really beef about that because I bough a HUGE jar of it because I use it on my hair and skin but I came hom to visit two weekends ago and a HUGE chink of it was used up I was like wow.....I try to stay level headed about it though but its hard.

I have the same issue, my hubby keeps messing with my Kuz for dry and porous hair, that bottle cost me 14 dollars, I set him up one day and placed the bottle in a position I know he would forget to put it back in and BAM! caught! he's still using it. it does make his hair super soft and helps with his dry scalp pretty well.

Look at the bright side, if you both are using the same hair products, you can buy more by the excuse : "Is for BOTH of US now".

My husband don't touch my stuff, he just good with an Garnier Fructis shampoo 2in1. I actually have a TRESemme shampoo i used when i was relaxed and i wanna give it to him, but no-no, he is just too attached to his stuff.

I just had to hide my Keracare oil sheen from DH and he asks for it every day like clockwork and i tell him he needs to go and buy his own.. he says he needs it for his waves, lol. Oh and he is a big MT user, I cant keep him out of the supply closet.. the MT didnt do anything for me so thats okay with me, but he needs to keep his hand off of my Keracare..

It's just the opposite -

I try to get him to use some of my stuff..I want to try all kind of stuff in his hair...he has a fade but wants to grow it out..(I guess I still haven't gotten over my baby doll days) lol....

Yup bro-man be all up in my stuff.... and then try to hide the bottle when its empty... The nerve of him....don't even tell me when its gone!

You are not alone...But I don't mine...because the products are used up quickly and I can try other products sooner...However, if he touches my shea butter (unrefined) :thud:

First it was my Hello Hydration conditioner, then my Aubrey Orangics products, then my Giovanni 50:50 poo & conditioner (which didn't work for me anyway) but now he's gotten into my Shea Moisture shea butter leave-in:ohwell: I had 2 bottles, one being almost full, and now I have 2 half empty bottles.

Do your SO's use your hair products? If so, what do you do about it?

I guess it could be a good thing though since he will make sure we are well stocked:grin:

That's a good way to look at it!

I gave DH a bottle of my clarifying condish cause he uses it as a body wash. I gave him a little container with coconut oil in it. I try to deep condition his goatee every now and again. Just yesterday he asked if he could use hair mayo on his face. I had to explain that he's natural and all kinds of stuff.

Man, just leave my stuff alone.

:lachen: DH uses my Pibbs to dry his hair too. He says its because he hates to sit up in the salon and listen to the women gossip.

DH did pay for the Pibbs so I cannot say anything:lachen:

Apparently he had an interview to go to, and he didn't want to go with wet hair :rolleyes:

I had read this in another thread that you posted in. I almost died laughing that day and thats why I entered this thread today because of stories like this. i love it!! :lachen::lachen:

My SO uses my shampoo, body wash, deoderant, lotion, chapstick, face wash, etc, but I rarely catch him. He is so good at not doin git when I'm around.

One time I noticed that he hadn't purchased any face soap in a while. I confronted him and asked him what he was using to wash his face, and he made up something about how he was trying a new "no face washing" regimine. That's when I noticed that my Neutrogena bottle was half empty and I'd only had it for a few weeks.

I once confronted him about why my shampoo bottle was half empty, and he told me the dog had been using it.

It wasn't until I was doing laundry one day and I found one of my chapsticks in his pockets, and my lotion in his gym bag, that I finally had hard evidence that I was not hallucinating, and he was infact using my stuff.

Now, I have learned to stop confronting him because no matter how much I fuss, he is going to steal my stuff. MEN!

My SO uses my shampoo, body wash, deoderant, lotion, chapstick, face wash, etc, but I rarely catch him. He is so good at not doin git when I'm around.

One time I noticed that he hadn't purchased any face soap in a while. I confronted him and asked him what he was using to wash his face, and he made up something about how he was trying a new "no face washing" regimine. That's when I noticed that my Neutrogena bottle was half empty and I'd only had it for a few weeks.

I once confronted him about why my shampoo bottle was half empty, and he told me the dog had been using it.

It wasn't until I was doing laundry one day and I found one of my chapsticks in his pockets, and my lotion in his gym bag, that I finally had hard evidence that I was not hallucinating, and he was infact using my stuff.

Now, I have learned to stop confronting him because no matter how much I fuss, he is going to steal my stuff. MEN!

omg! :lachen: some men can't lie. :lol: that was a cute try though.

anyway, i can imagine why men would like to use toiletries marketed towards women. i'm sorry, but some of the stuff made for them stinks! men like to smell good and have soft skin too. :lol:

Yes my husband uses my stuff, especially if he has easy access to it. I have to try to remember to leave my more expensive stuff hidden or he WILL use it.

Of course he does. His entire hair regimen has changed. He now uses black soap on hair (my bodywash), my AOHS as his conditioner, my ayurveda oils as his hair oil, and he is asking me to give him a henna treatment because he can no longer see my greys. I don't mind though, because he can't complain about how much I spend if he is using it too.

That is the plus side, I have a beauty salon full of products in the house & he cannot complain.:lachen:

Of course he does. His entire hair regimen has changed. He now uses black soap on hair (my bodywash), my AOHS as his conditioner, my ayurveda oils as his hair oil, and he is asking me to give him a henna treatment because he can no longer see my greys. I don't mind though, because he can't complain about how much I spend if he is using it too.

Yep...Yep...Yep.

I recently moved about 5 hours away and he has requested that I make him some of the shampoo and oil mixture. He is thinking about going to the salon to get his hair re-twisted since it is harder for me to do now and he told the woman that he would be bringing his own products.

sigh...if his homeboys only knew!

Back