The three best products for my natural 4a/b hair

I don't know if this question was for me but...

I don't use the Cantu Shea Butter line. I don't like the way it smells (for some reason it smelled fishy once it got on my hair) and I don't like the ingredients. I only used it once when I first started my hair journey in February and I threw it out after that. I use natural unrefined shea butter. Works great for my bantu knot outs because as I said, it weighs my hair down a bit.

For baking soda rinses I get a one of those water bottles (nalgene or something like that) and I put in a palmful of shea butter. Then I fill the bottle up with warm water and shake it up to make sure it dissolves. Once in the shower I pour it directly on my scalp, parting my hair as I go. I then use my finger to scrub my scalp. I pour the rest over my hair, squeeze it through, and then rinse it all out.

I smelled the same thing when I tried it. It smelled fine in the container and so many people liked it. I don't know what's up with that smell though. :perplexed

kenra mc (or gvp conditioning balm when i'm being cheap)
miss jessie's baby buttercreme and curly pudding
cheapie conditioners

3c/4a

1. Shea Butter
2.Coconut Oil
3.KC Knot Today leave in
4.Rosemary Oil mixture for oil rinsing
5. Moe Grow Oil for scalp.

1 AO HSR
2 EVOO
3 castor oil

I've been back and forth on the castor oil but I think the key is to use it on wet hair. When my hair is dry it seems to sit on top. The EVOO can be used on both wet and dry.

great thread!

1. Rosemary-sage spritz...Grows my hair like a weed.
2. Banana-coconut milk mix...Moisturizes my hair like nothing else.
3. Pantene condish...Hands down the BEST detangling condish for my hair

really now? you spritz with it everyday? is it a tea or an infusion?

I just looked at a box of Rosemary tea in my stash today. I don't know if I should drink it or pour it on my head :spinning: :drunk:

Verifen Complex Beneficial Phase Shampoo
Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment
Cream of Nature Shampoo (ultra moisturizing/detangling formula)

I just looked at a box of Rosemary tea in my stash today. I don't know if I should drink it or pour it on my head :spinning: :drunk:

This funny because I look at my box of rosemary tea and I never think about drinking it. I just use it for tea rinses and spritz', but I keep it in the tea cabinet.

Back