Despite My Mood, My Hair Has Grown. Update w/ Plenty of Pics

Curlybeauty

Without fail, my stylost knows how to make me feel like crap. It's as if, your hair can't prosper without her magic "touch." And that is the exact reason why she won't see me again until I need my hair trimmed again. I just like the way she cuts and colors, and those will be the only two reasons I get in her chair.

I just hate how people assume that I don't know what I'm talking about because SHE has never seen anyones hair react to relaxers like MINE. :nono:. I'm upset, but I know that I take d*** good care of my hair.

Anywho, I'm just going to show the pictures now, cause ya'll probably already scrolled downs to see them by now anyways :lachen:.

Jan. Starting Picture:

DSCN0619.jpg

May/4 Month Update Pics:
Before the Trim
DSCN0672.jpg

After the Trim:
DSCN0699.jpg

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

Enjoy Ladies.

Wow that is a lot of growth for 4 months!! What you been doin girl??

I've been doing my own hair :lachen:.

But honestly, I started doing my hair every week. I washed, conditioned, and flat-ironed my hair every other week. And I would do a braid-out/twist-out or co-wash it into a slicked back wet pony. I basically salvaged the hair for another week, without heat. And towards the end, when trying to tame the roots, and my bad ends didn't look good anymore with straight hair, I twisted my hair up on sundays, and on wed or thurs I rocked a twist-out. That's really it.

Hardcore Protein treatments every 6 weeks faithfully, and I will be wearing my hair curly for the summer to see where that gets me.

And thank you for the compliments.

Last edited:
Your hair makes me want to cut mine off. It looks so healthy. There are some people who would flatiron and can't get it took so nice like yours. Keep up the good work! :grin:

Great job! Your hair grew a lot!
Just be careful that she doesn't cut off your progress since you don't really trust her.
How does your hair react to relaxers and why is she so shocked about it?

Great job! Your hair grew a lot!
Just be careful that she doesn't cut off your progress since you don't really trust her.
How does your hair react to relaxers and why is she so shocked about it?
I trust her, and I let her know, that I want to focus on keeping my length, and for her just to trim. And my hair with a perm, resembles a texturizer. She doesn't understand that my hair will only be bone straight, when it has become damaged by relaxers. My hair has always been curly with perms. They take my natural texture, and make it 10x more manageable. I can still wear it curly, but when it comes time to getting it straight, my life is so much easier.
Here is a picture of my hair wet, after my first relaxer in january:
DSCN0632.jpg

I didn't take a picture of my hair from last night, but the roots are getting straighter, but the curls remain.

Your hair HAS grown and looks very healthy. Don't let the stylist pressure you into getting a trim or doing anything else you don't want.

It looks healthy and full. Maybe you can trim your own too at some point. You're doing a good job.
Yeah, I really hope I can learn to trim my own hair one of these days. I like her, and the way she cuts hair, but I would really feel more comfy if I knew how to do it myself.

And thank you for the kind words :yep:

Great progress! If she argues with you then dont fight find another stylist that listen to your needs. Nobody will love your hair more than YOU!

Your hair looks awesome. You can tell it's healthy and it has a natural great sheen. Well done and keep up the good work!

that is some good progess! and a beautiful flat iron job! :yep: If I were you, I would learn to dust/trim my own hair. I can't take arrogant sytlists.

Back