Design Essentials (natural)

BlaqBella

Okay, I haven't been here in ages Lol..I just bought the entire DE Natural line and it is everything BUT moisturizing. Has anyone else had a different experience with it? TIA

new-essentials.jpg

Hmm..I'm not getting any kind of slip from this product. My hair feels stripped actually...but it does define my curls nicely. It's just that it feels so dry.

@YvetteWithJoy danggg, I feel like I got ripped off! I payed nearly $18 dollars for it. There were only a couple items from the line that I didn't get. Now, to be clear, it isn't horrible. I've had products like this before, where they seemed to be drying, at first. And, I later realized that my application process was all wrong. So, it wasn't the product. In fact, the one that I'm currently comparing it to (shea moisture leave-in and pudding _or whatever it's called) started off feeling like it was a waste of my money. Now, I love it!

ETA: Oh nevermind, I see that price was for something else.
Like I said in original post: that creme is very defining, especially combined with my knock-off denman

@YvetteWithJoy danggg, I feel like I got ripped off! I payed nearly $18 dollars for it. There were only a couple items from the line that I didn't get. Now, to be clear, it isn't horrible. I've had products like this before, where they seemed to be drying, at first. And, I later realized that my application process was all wrong. So, it wasn't the product. In fact, the one that I'm currently comparing it to (shea moisture leave-in and pudding _or whatever it's called) started off feeling like it was a waste of my money. Now, I love it!

:yep:

I've had the same experience, and in the reverse, too: Recommended products that started out great but ended up not-so-great.

Sorry to hear that. A YouTuber's demo has had me eyeing the cream gel. She said it was exactly that: Both a curling cream and a gel.

View attachment 416615

The 16 oz. jar was around $18 at Sally's.

Yeah, this is what I use almost daily. It defines curls. However, I use a pomade and the leave in conditioner beneath it so I couldn't tell you how moisturizing it is on its own. I have very dry hair so I layer multiple moisturizing products.

Hmm..I'm not getting any kind of slip from this product. My hair feels stripped actually...but it does define my curls nicely. It's just that it feels so dry.
Some of the products work together, I would watch African Hair God. I don’t know if I spelled his name right..

Yeah, this is what I use almost daily. It defines curls. However, I use a pomade and the leave in conditioner beneath it so I couldn't tell you how moisturizing it is on its own. I have very dry hair so I use layer multiple moisturizing products.
Yeah I saw that layering certain products work better.

Yeah I saw that layering certain products work better.

I think it does. I don't expect the curl pudding to moisturize, I just want it to define the curls and that's exactly what it does. I rely on my leave in condtioner and JBCO pomade to do the moisturizing. I don't use Design Essentials shampoo or conditioner so I can't comment on that. I am a daily washer so I use a very mild shampoo bar that does not strip my hair at all.

These are my holy grail products. I use the express almond conditioner every wash. Which is 1 to 3 times a week depending on what I'm doing. It has incredible slip. I also use it after every dc. I purchase in the 32 Oz tubs now. I have been using it since April or May. I use the shampoo too.

When I used to straighten I used the hbco blow dry spray and it was awesome as well. I don't like the lavender line, but then I don't straighten anymore.

Okay, I haven't been here in ages Lol..I just bought the entire DE Natural line and it is everything BUT moisturizing. Has anyone else had a different experience with it? TIA

new-essentials.jpg
Thank you a million times for this post. I was seriously debating picking up something from this line:)
Would you be able to list your hair profile please:look:
Density
Porosity
Pattern
Please and Thank You!!!

I think it does. I don't expect the curl pudding to moisturize, I just want it to define the curls and that's exactly what it does. I rely on my leave in condtioner and JBCO pomade to do the moisturizing. I don't use Design Essentials shampoo or conditioner so I can't comment on that. I am a daily washer so I use a very mild shampoo bar that does not strip my hair at all.

Exactly, I have the leave-in and moisturizing lotion from the DE Natural line.

These are my holy grail products. I use the express almond conditioner every wash. Which is 1 to 3 times a week depending on what I'm doing. It has incredible slip. I also use it after every dc. I purchase in the 32 Oz tubs now. I have been using it since April or May. I use the shampoo too.

When I used to straighten I used the hbco blow dry spray and it was awesome as well. I don't like the lavender line, but then I don't straighten anymore.

Really? I've always admired the health of your hair! Do you order yours online? What is hbco? Hatian black castor oil?

Thank you a million times for this post. I was seriously debating picking up something from this line:)
Density
Porosity
Pattern
Please and Thank You!!!

You are gonna have me get back into this...I got lazy with this part of haircare. I'll update this with what I do know about my hair very soon. At work but getting off soon..and you're welcome

The Almond & Avocado and Honey shampoos are both great. I DID love the Honey Curl Forming Custard but they recently changed the formula and bumped glycerin up to the second or third ingredient. I would love to find some of the old jars

Really? I've always admired the health of your hair! Do you order yours online? What is hbco? Hatian black castor oil?
Thanks! I'm excited. I big chopped in May. I posted the wrong name its Bamboo & Silk HCO. It's a blow out spray that cuts blow drying time in half. I order all my DE products online. For my wash and gos I use the Mane Choice leave in abd biotin gel

Thanks! I'm excited. I big chopped in May. I posted the wrong name its Bamboo & Silk HCO. It's a blow out spray that cuts blow drying time in half. I order all my DE products online. For my wash and gos I use the Mane Choice leave in abd biotin gel
I have the bamboo and silk HCO. I don’t use it on myself anymore.
I got the MC Egyptian gel. Have you tried that one? What do you like about the biotin gel?

I love the lavender line, but I’m relaxed. I used it on my daughter too.

I have the bamboo and silk HCO. I don’t use it on myself anymore.
I got the MC Egyptian gel. Have you tried that one? What do you like about the biotin gel?

I have MC Egyptian gel and dc. I like the gel when I used it for a braid out, but for me it is too sticky for a wash and go. It did make hair shiny and beautiful tho. I like the biotin gel because it makes my hair super defined and shiny. It's not sticky at all. I also like the consistency of product. Its not too thick and doesn't weigh my hair down. I get the same results each time I use it so I know what to expect. It also seems to work on all curl types.

I love the lavender line, but I’m relaxed. I used it on my daughter too.
That lavender line is why I big chopped. I was trying to use those products to straighten and I was so fed up that I just cut it off. It didnt' help that I was like year into my transition. I used them on my sister who is also transitioning and they were awesome, so I think it was just me.

Density
Porosity
Pattern
Please and Thank You!!!

Okay, to the best of my knowledge, my hair is:
*highly porous
*quite thin in regards to density
*and, I have 3C - 4A patterns

Back