Design Essentials Anyone?

I LOVE Design Essentials products! I'm from the Atlanta area, which apparently is the birth place of the product (African American created it by the way). My stylist hipped me to the game. The shop I go to only exclusively uses DE products. I have purchased quite a few products to add to my haircare regimen. That's the most intact hair product collection that I use! I love the organic cleanse clarifying shampoo. I also have the stimulations moisturizing conditioner. I LOVE The way it tingles on the scalp! I have the creme hairdress and the herbal hair grease (forget the name). These are some GREAT products. They leave the hair feeling and smelling great. OH I also have the leave-in conditioner/heat protectant product. Not sure of the name.

Hmmm...very tempted to try this line. Though I love Aveda it's just too expensive for me right now. So I'm looking for a good line at a cheaper price.

Chayil

bumping again as well.

I want to know if this stimulating conditioner has a slight peppermint scent? my hair stylist uses design, but she doesnt sell it so i will have to order offline. the con she uses has a slight peppermint scent and tingles when she puts it on.I want to get the moisturizing shampoo and the conditioner.

oh and you know how after you wash your hair and sit under the dryer to let it dry (instead of blowdrying it) , would the leave in(Therapeutics Rx) be good to put on when doing this?

and what do you feel about creme hairdress for flat ironing? is it good for this?

bumping again as well.

I want to know if this stimulating conditioner has a slight peppermint scent? my hair stylist uses design, but she doesnt sell it so i will have to order offline. the con she uses has a slight peppermint scent and tingles when she puts it on.I want to get the moisturizing shampoo and the conditioner.

oh and you know how after you wash your hair and sit under the dryer to let it dry (instead of blowdrying it) , would the leave in(Therapeutics Rx) be good to put on when doing this?

and what do you feel about creme hairdress for flat ironing? is it good for this?

Yep, the stimulations conditioner is what you are talking about. I love it. As far as the other stuff, not sure about. Someone should chime in later :yep:

I love Design Essentials.:) My sylist uses all there products and so do I when I wash and condition at home. I love the lo-lye relaxer with shea butter.They have different packages on there website that you can order.

Did you find that the lo lye relaxer processed quickly? I'm using this for my next TU and I would like to know. Also did it get your hair bone straight or texlaxed? On the product lit it says that it's a texturizing relaxer so I'm wondering if it processes as quickly as a "regular" relaxer. TIA.

i use their relaxer and im very pleased with it... i dont see a need switch anytime soon.

I don't know about the ingredients in the relaxer b/c I don't self relax. But, my hair loves the moisture retention shampoo/stimulations conditioner and many of their other products. For me it's my #1 relaxer. I do use Aveda products also, but only for maintaining between salon visits.

Did you find that the lo lye relaxer processed quickly? I'm using this for my next TU and I would like to know. Also did it get your hair bone straight or texlaxed? On the product lit it says that it's a texturizing relaxer so I'm wondering if it processes as quickly as a "regular" relaxer. TIA.

I would like to know this also. I have narrowed my relaxer choices down to DE & Mizani.

I washed a couple of days ago w/the Moisture Retention and dc'd w/the Stimulations. I'm really hoping the coated feeling was b/c I hadn't clarified yet this month, b/c my heart will break if that's how it's going to treat my hair. (I really suspect that my hair cannot tolerate ANY conditioner that contains mineral oil, but the PJ in me is in denial :ohwell:)

I really enjoyed the shampoo though...and the nutriment hairdress.

*Sigh* Just when I thought I was safe with my pj ways... I'm wanting to try the Moisture Retention and Stimulations. MOF, when I get off (working extra in the ER and shopping sites are banned :drunk:) I'll be buying and 8oz set. At least this time I'm not acting crazy and buying 32oz off bat! Then I believe I am done for the year :sad:. I'm giving into this urge b/c I've gone back and forth as to whether I was gonna try this for a while. And I can justify this purchase since I need a Humecto replacement and use the Theraputics Leave-in :yep:!

My stylist uses this line on my hair. The relaxer feels great. At home I use the Nutriment Rx Creme Hairdress, but all of my other at-home products are Keracare. Still on the fence about making the switch completely to DE.

:bump:

Update:

I tried Stimulations again, and the coated feeling was worse (even after I clarified :ohwell:)!! I just can't do conditioners w/mineral oil (same thing happened when I tried Humecto, so I know it's true :wallbash:...) I still love the shampoo (the smell :lick:), leave-in, and hairdress (which has m/o and petro and is fine, go figure!), but that Stimulations has got to go :nono:. I find this line to be very similar to Keracare, so those who like that line will probably enjoy this one too. Once I am done using up all my other stuff, I'm sticking w/Joico and Kenra so my hair won't be mad at me anymore :look:.

:bump:

Update:

I tried Stimulations again, and the coated feeling was worse (even after I clarified :ohwell:)!! I just can't do conditioners w/mineral oil (same thing happened when I tried Humecto, so I know it's true :wallbash:...) I still love the shampoo (the smell :lick:), leave-in, and hairdress (which has m/o and petro and is fine, go figure!), but that Stimulations has got to go :nono:. I find this line to be very similar to Keracare, so those who like that line will probably enjoy this one too. Once I am done using up all my other stuff, I'm sticking w/Joico and Kenra so my hair won't be mad at me anymore :look:.
I think they changed their ingredients I was looking at my old bottle of the Stimulations conditioner it does not have mineral oil in it the new bottle does, I tried the conditioner today I do not like the way my hair feel.

I think they changed their ingredients I was looking at my old bottle of the Stimulations conditioner it does not have mineral oil in it the new bottle does, I tried the conditioner today I do not like the way my hair feel.

Grr! I hate when companies change their formulas...:nono:

Back