Dense, Fine-Haired Ladies, What is your regimen?

Thanks for bumping this, it's always cool to read up on other's reggies.

I too have dense fine strands. Simplicity is absolutely key for me. Currently I wash 2x a week with a moisturizing poo, I DC for both washes. Since I use heat after my washes (air dry/flat iron) I use a protein DC (Emergencee) followed by a moisturizing DC (Humectress) each for 15 mins. My second wash I focus more on moisture for my DC. If I'm in a rush, then my second wash during the week I'll just apply conditioner and cover w/ a shower cap and let it sit on my hair while I do "shower business" and wash out. On my 2nd wash day I also use Porosity Control before applying the conditioner.

I mostly air dry or dry hanging loose under the hooded dryer. While my hair is wet, I apply leave in (Herbal Essences Break's Over or Long Term Relationship Leave in), seal with coconut oil and let it dry. While flat ironing I use Chi silk infusion.

During the week I moisturize with one of my leave-in's and seal with oil as needed. My hair stays light and fluffy.

Thanks for bumping this, it's always cool to read up on other's reggies.

I too have dense fine strands. Simplicity is absolutely key for me. Currently I wash 2x a week with a moisturizing poo, I DC for both washes. Since I use heat after my washes (air dry/flat iron) I use a protein DC (Emergencee) followed by a moisturizing DC (Humectress) each for 15 mins. My second wash I focus more on moisture for my DC. If I'm in a rush, then my second wash during the week I'll just apply conditioner and cover w/ a shower cap and let it sit on my hair while I do "shower business" and wash out. On my 2nd wash day I also use Porosity Control before applying the conditioner.

I mostly air dry or dry hanging loose under the hooded dryer. While my hair is wet, I apply leave in (Herbal Essences Break's Over or Long Term Relationship Leave in), seal with coconut oil and let it dry. While flat ironing I use Chi silk infusion.

During the week I moisturize with one of my leave-in's and seal with oil as needed. My hair stays light and fluffy.

Thanks ladies! Foxieroxie...when my hair is longer, it looks close to yours. What type of moisturizing poo do you use? Also do you relax, texlax, or neither? If re/tex-laxed what type of relaxer do you use? TIA!

ETA: I peeped your fotki...I may have to steal your reggie...:yep:

Thanks gymfreak! I've come to the conclusion that I'll also wash and deep condition every 3-4 days. I always washed that much, but before joining the board I never DC'ed...just did a quickie condish. I have two questions:

• Which Elasta Poo do you use?
  • How do you know when you need protein? I can never tell.
Thanks! DP

I like the Elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair. It has a low pH so that helps keep my porosity in check and its only like 2 bucks at Sallys. Its super concentrated, you only need a little to do the job.

For me, when I notice my hair not retaining moisture, my hair lacking body and looking just flat and sad, or my hair feeling rough even after deep conditioning, then its time for a little protein. Hair has problems holding onto moisture when it is lacking protein so that is one sign. My hair also gets super flat and weird acting when it doesn't have enough protein. I just give it a little at a time and it usually works.

Me..me..me..me..meeeee:grin:
I have fine strands but alot of them as well and I learn I cant put alot on my hair or it will get weighed down easily.

Wash day is once a week for me on fridays.....
~Pre-poo with virgin coconut oil,red palm oil and conditioner
*sometimes as a treat i'll do an herbal pre-poo with irish moss,hibisus,nettles,and burdock its like going to a hair spa:drunk:
~Wash my hair w/ a mixture of baking soda,conditioner(Herbal Essence Dangerously Straight conditioner) and water. Or co-wash
~Pre condition/Detangle with Nexxus Color Ensure Conditioner Detangler(great for porosity and has ceramides)
~DC with Kenra MC or ORS Replenishing conditioner mixed with Pure Aloe Vera
~Final rinse/detangle with Herbal Essence Dangerously Straight conditioner
~Leave-in is Lacio Lacio
~I usualy rollerset weekly and use Broccoli seed oil for shine
~Moisturize every otherday with NTM silk touch leave-in and mix a few drops of Broccoli seed oil OR my homeade oil blend(see fotki) and apply it as a hairdress. It doesnt weigh my hair down at all I only use alittle and mostly focus on my ends and nape.
~I self relax with Elasta QP Lye Mild every 3-4 months and use Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor afterwards.
~For protein I use Mega Tek Rebuilder when needed
~I do Henna glosses sometimes

Back