Demi-Permanent Color - Hair Shedding Badly

Shaley

Hi everyone-

I'm posting this for my cousin who recently got a Redken demi-permanent hair color. (about 2-3 weeks ago)

In my opinion, her hair was in a healthy state before she got her hair colored.

I was not with her when she got the treatment but what she advised me was that she wanted a darker color than her natural color but the stylist accidentally colored it 'jet black'.

She said the color was left on her hair for about 56 minutes?? From what I know, I thought it a rinse or semi/demi hair color should be left on from 25-30 minutes??

Anyways, she doesn't know I'm posting here but I don't know what she should do?? More & more of her hair has been coming out DAILY. It is visibly thinner in the crown & back.
I normally set and style her hair on the weekends and I noticed that her hair is excessively coming out in the comb. :perplexed

Has anyone experienced this before?? I don't know what to tell her but even other family members have noticed...

Can a demi color have this kind of affect on the hair?? She said the stylist said it fine to leave it on that long and said the color is actually conditioning for the hair :ohwell:

Thanks

Oh wow...I'm sorry to hear about her hair :nono:.

A demi really shouldn't have that type of result IMO. I use an over the counter demi every 3 months or so, and it leaves my hair in a better state.

I would recommend that she baby the hair for a couple weeks, and use lots of deep conditioning and moisture...very low manipulation.

I think she should add a major protein treatment followed by a moisturizing treatment--and as the others have stated babying the hair for a while.

Oh wow...I'm sorry to hear about her hair :nono:.

A demi really shouldn't have that type of result IMO. I use an over the counter demi every 3 months or so, and it leaves my hair in a better state.

I would recommend that she baby the hair for a couple weeks, and use lots of deep conditioning and moisture...very low manipulation.

Yeah ITA...semi colors should not have done that, regardless of the time left on her hair. All they do is coat the hair. Did she have any other serivices done? Allergic Reaction?

Yeah ITA...semi colors should not have done that, regardless of the time left on her hair. All they do is coat the hair. Did she have any other serivices done? Allergic Reaction?

I don't think she received any other services... She said the stylist sectioned her hair and applied it to her dry hair and let it sit and then rinsed it out.

I'll give her the tips everyone's suggested...

Thanks Everyone.

Last edited:
Back