Delurking to say hello!!

janet

I Just wanted to say hi to all of you. This is my first time posting. I get a lot of great information from you all, and this board is an inspiration to me!!
I'm trying to grow my hair to b/s length after keeping it in a neck length shag for 2 years. My hair is currently 3 inches below my shoulders in the back and 2 inches below my chin in the front. My hair is also layered, which i HATE !! The longest my hair has been is waist length. Prior to my shag hair cut, i wore my hair between shoulder length and b/s. Of course I didn't know about haircare back then. B/s is my 1st goal and then however long it will grow after that.

Hi Janet!!
wave.gif

You've been a member for a long time from what I can see, but welcome! Glad to see you come out of lurk mode.
smile.gif

Hi & welcome.
smile.gif

You registered Oct. 17 and you're just now posting? You have good willpower.

Hi Janet
wave.gif

Glad you finally decided to "officially" join the forum
smile.gif

Hi Janet
wave.gif

Welcome and I'm sure you will reach your goal in no time. There is so much wonderful information here that has helped many women achieve many of their goals.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kisz4tj said:
Hola,

You certainly can't say you had waist length hair and leave it at that....c'mon spill it
brainy.gif

wave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, i did. From the time i was a toddler, to high school. After that, it ranged between shoulder length and b/s. Right before i married my husband, i had it cut into the old Halle berry style. I grew it out again to b/s. My hair stylist pretty much kept it at that length. She always complained that i had too much hair !! I tell you God must have been looking after my hair because i have done everything under the sun to it, And was still was able to grow it out. Now, it is so much healthier.

I absolutely believe that your hair was that long, I was just hoping you could provide some insight. How much growth do you think you get each month? And, again glad to have you.

kisz4tj said:
I absolutely believe that your hair was that long, I was just hoping you could provide some insight. How much growth do you think you get each month? And, again glad to have you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that my hair grows pretty fast. It's been 6 weeks since my last retouch. I just asked my husband to look at my new growth and he estimates about 2 inches. I hope that information helps.

Wow, that's great Janet!
smile.gif
Unfortunately for me, even with vitamins, I'm not getting more than 1/4 in a month.
frown.gif
It's going to take me forever to get to bra-strap length.
ohwell.gif

Kisz4tj, thanks for the nick name!! I just wanted you to know that i think that it is genetic. The females on my dad's side have the long, curly hair. Even my 2 daughters have long hair (ages 4 &amp; 6)

Pebbles, just think how wonderful you're going to feel, when you accompish your goal!! It doesn't matter how long it takes, but that you get there!!

Me too Pebbles. I get 1/4 an inch a month during Fall, Winter and Spring and probably 1/2 an inch during the Summer.
frown.gif

Pebbles, just think how wonderful you're going to feel, when you accompish your goal!! It doesn't matter how long it takes, but that you get there!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, from your lips to Gods' ears!!
wink.gif

welcome as kisz4tj calls u supergrow janet!! 2inches in 6weeks!! not even in my wildest dreams!!!
laugh.gif
are u takin any vitamins at the moment??

pebbles said:
Wow, that's great Janet!
smile.gif
Unfortunately for me, even with vitamins, I'm not getting more than 1/4 in a month.
frown.gif
It's going to take me forever to get to bra-strap length.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw Pebs,
Where did the optimistic lady I've become accustomed to travel to? Be patient, it will happen. Ok?
Welcome Janet!!

Crysdon said:
Hi &amp; welcome.
smile.gif

You registered Oct. 17 and you're just now posting? You have good willpower.

[/ QUOTE ]

For real! Sometimes I say that I'm not going to log on for a day (like when I have something important to do--like now
blush.gif
) but I still can't stop myself from logging on.

Welcome janet!!!

ngaa said:
welcome as kisz4tj calls u supergrow janet!! 2inches in 6weeks!! not even in my wildest dreams!!!
laugh.gif
are u takin any vitamins at the moment??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ngaa, i take gnc ultanourish hair, total efa, and an additional 1000mg of msm. Unfortunatley, i forget to take the vitamins at times. My goal is to try and be more consistant !!

Ladies, thanks for the welcome !!

Back