Defining Your Curls

KoriKiyomi

I'm looking for a good curl definer. My hair shrinks a lot. I tried the Shea Moisture Curl Enchance Smoothie. I love it, but it's too heavy for the weather. I want something light and maybe water based. Any suggestions for a newbie???

Also, I tend to co wash every other day for moisture, is that too much? My hair loves it, but will it hind its growth?

hi, have u tried eco styler gel? u will love it as long as u don't use too much of it, that will leave ur hair crunchy :nono:

I don't think co-washing every other day will hinder your growth as long as your hair is not over moisturised. you might want to check on over moisturisation as co-washing every other day works fine for some ladies on here, including myself when I had TWA.

Last edited:
I tried gel, I really don't like it. It may have been because I applied too much. How long did it take you to grow out your TWA? and If you don't mind me asking. What products do you use?

KoriKiyomi

no one product works for everyone so you have to keep trying stuff.

komaza care makes a califa and coconut hair pudding in full and sample sizes....i also hear good things about mixed chicks leave-in and kinky curly curling custard. i use fantasia ic gel with sparkle lites and love in but i use it for twistouts and put a water based mositurizer underneath (oyin hair dew). many of the ladies of the board have to layer products for wash and gos.

www.komazahaircare.com

I would just use a nice butter or something but I'm not really into curl definition anymore.

Curls Gel-es-C (or however it's spelled) is really light but not really a gel...more like a serum.

I tried gel, I really don't like it. It may have been because I applied too much. How long did it take you to grow out your TWA? and If you don't mind me asking. What products do you use?

I use herbal essences leave-in and apply the gel on wet hair and seal with wheat germ oil. these products works well for me. i don't really know but after a year, am abit past SL.

When I had TWA I tried different products but didn't have a staple product. I liked s-curl then, for moisturising.

NOW, i use;
diluted black soap to shampoo
aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructor deep conditioner
herbal essences leave-in
wheat germ oil to seal

to pre-poo
coconut oil
olive oil
wheat germ oil
castor oil
amla oil

Back