Deep Conditioning while in braids??

Leshia

Ladies, is it possible? I'm about to braid and I'm wondering if moisture will be the extent of what I can do while it's braided. I'm shooting for 2-3 months in braids and I'm wondering if there's some sort of braid spray that's a must-have? Let me know if you know of something, please.

I don't use any braid spray because they tend to make me have dandruff. I do deep condition while in braids. I always have amazingly soft hair when I take out my braids /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Hi Leshia,

I starting using scurl and I'm loving it. I used to use glycerin/water before and that was good but it attracted lint and buildup more than the scurl (so far as I can tell). I spray it into my palm then apply it to the braids (3x/week). I figure avoid spraying directly on your scalp and you should have less buildup. I also apply a leave-in, which is just my regular leave-in mixed with water (1x/week). I also deep condition every 2-3 weeks with Aussie Moist. You can also try Better Braids leave-in conditioner spray. I haven't used it before but all their other products work well with braids so... HTH! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Faith said:
Hi Leshia,

I starting using scurl and I'm loving it. I used to use glycerin/water before and that was good but it attracted lint and buildup more than the scurl (so far as I can tell). I spray it into my palm then apply it to the braids (3x/week). I figure avoid spraying directly on your scalp and you should have less buildup. I also apply a leave-in, which is just my regular leave-in mixed with water (1x/week). I also deep condition every 2-3 weeks with Aussie Moist. You can also try Better Braids leave-in conditioner spray. I haven't used it before but all their other products work well with braids so... HTH! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for that info Faith. I think I am going to try using the Scurl a couple times per week but my all time fav was the Hawaiian Silky Vitamin Hair Treatment. I went through bottles of that stuff..it really seems to knock out the itch! Man...it's hard not living in the states...*sighs*

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
londongirl3 said:
I don't use any braid spray because they tend to make me have dandruff. I do deep condition while in braids. I always have amazingly soft hair when I take out my braids /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Please share your deep conditioning treatment while in braids....pretty please. *bats eyelashes*

bcoz i have braids that are only braided only till my hair ends (i think u call them micro's??) i cant deep condition my hair wen its briaded coz they'd slip out and i never really used to wash them b4 this but some1 on this board was talkin bout how much the washin reduced the amount of build-up that she gets so 4 the first time in my life i'm washin my braids and will see if there's any difference wen i take them out on sunday next week....back to yo question, i use stay-soft-fro which unfortunatly is a british company but is kinda like better braids by what i've heard, the first 4 ingredients are humectants so it moisturises my hair a lot and wen one drops out and i'm doin it, i've noticed that the build-up at the base is so soft and easy to remove (as opposed to b4) and my hair is softer than its EVER been b4..

basically i think its a trial and error thing 4 u to find out what yo hair prefers i.e. deep conditionin, washin or jus sprayin with a briad spray every 2 days lik i do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Lol Leshia.

I condition wash my hair since I went natural. I'm currently using ORS hair mayo. I wash it with the conditioner, then deep condition for 20 minutes with no heat (When I was relaxed I would use heat). I wash my braids every 10 to 14 days. (Mainly because I don't want them to get ratty too soon)

Before I take out the braids I do the condition wash 1 or 2 days before. I always have this sort of silky hair when I take out the braids. Unfortunately that softness lasts for a day and then I go back to fighting with curl activator and my afro comb. I think the softness has something to do with the braids /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Back