Deep Conditioner or Hot Oil Treatment

kenkaikim

I have finally found what works for my natural hair after much trial and error. Now I need to decide if using a deep conditioner or using a hot oil treatment will be more beneficial to my hair. Is there really a difference? Which do you prefer?

definitely both. do the hot oil before shampooing and deep treatment after shampooing and conditioning and stuff like that

i would definitely do both... i know my hair's not natural (unfortunately), but prior to shampooing, i do a hot oil treatment for my scalp and generally apply an AO conditioner throughout the rest of my hair (while my hair is dry). i cover my hair with a plastic cap and leave the stuff in my hair overnight... the next morning, i shampoo and follow with a deep conditioning... i intend to do this when i go natural as well.

HTH

kenkaikim said:
Thanks!! That's a very good idea that never occured to me. :think: I am sort of slow sometimes.

you are not slow, kenka.. you are learning just like all the rest of us here...smile .......

I must say, SherryLove, your hair is GORGEOUS! Whatever you are doing is definitely working for you. Before coming to LHCF, I never knew that African American hair could grow to such GREAT lengths. Keep the great tips coming!

kenkaikim said:
I must say, SherryLove, your hair is GORGEOUS! Whatever you are doing is definitely working for you. Before coming to LHCF, I never knew that African American hair could grow to such GREAT lengths. Keep the great tips coming!

thanks, kenka...i will....

Back