Deep Brillance doesn't cut it

nmfsc

Deep Brillance doesn\'t cut it

Okay, I have finally hit upon something that sucks! I went to JCPenney's this morning to purchase this line for my hair wash day. I got the hydrating shampoo,reconstructor,manage leavein and the foam for rollersetting.

I clarified once with Fantasia IC tea shampoo and used the products according to direction. I left the reconstructor on for 20 mins w/out heat. When I applied it to my wet hair I knew I wasn't going to like it. It just didn't feel right. My hair started feeling straw-like just that quick. Well, when I rinsed, it detangled alright, but it still didn't feel moisturized. No tangles on the rinse out, but when I applied the leave in followed by the foam, that's when things went to pot. My hair felt dry as a dog bone, wet. I didn't lose a "lot" of hair, but more than I normally do. My hair began tangling horribly and I rarely, if ever, tangle. I couldn't get my wide tooth comb through it. So, I said "screw it", hopped back in the shower and washed that mess out of my hair. I used NTM moisture shampoo and applied Redken's butter treat so my hair can get back right. Once I applied the butter treat conditioner, my hair starting feeling like is normally does.

Now, I am 7.5 weeks post relaxer, but, I have used soy and wheat proteins in the past without incident, but apparently, in my case, these products are overkill with the protein in all their products and just too much for my hair.

I am taking them back to JCPenney's tomorrow. I don't need to give this mess a 2nd chance to muck up my hair.
mad.gif

Re: Deep Brillance doesn\'t cut it

I just rinsed the Redken Butter Treat out and my hair is back to normal. No tangles, not dry and combing out smoothly.

frown.gif

I would recommend trying it again but don't use a clarifying shampoo before you do it. I also am not crazy about the Foamy stuff, so leave that out too.
smile.gif

When I use the Hydration, Reconstruct, and Manage--I can always expect soft yet strong, manageable, pliable hair with great elasticity and flexibility and no hairs lost.

I know what works for one doesn't work for all--but try it again.

naughty.gif
SG, I usually can count on your recommendations, but not this time girl, my hair felt like ish! lol My hair was feeling stank before the leave-in and setting foam. Also, I thought clarifying would help strip the hair so I could feel the real benefits of the product. Well, I felt the benefits and there aren't any for me
laugh.gif
Im'ma leave this stuff on the shelf for you and Armyqt.

Well, the reason I'm recommending doing it again is because I've done it too after clarifying and got lackluster results as opposed to the times I used it without clarifying first.

Hey SG, I just thought about it. Since, I used my credit card to purchase this stuff, it will be a few days before they can refund me and it is a holiday on Monday. So, maybe I will rewash on Tuesday, follow your recommendations and see what happens. But girl, I tell ya', if my hair feels like that again, I am coming after ya!
spank.gif

Deep Brillance, I owe you an apology. You do indeed work brillantly! It's a keeper.
grin.gif

wow! NMFSC,what did you do differently this time to get great results?
Also: Is the hydrating conditioner a flop?

Caralexis,
I followed Supergirl's advice. I did not clarify before shampooing with the hydration shampoo. I only left the reconstruct condit on for 5 mins w/out heat and I used the Manage leave-in, but omitted the foam (the foam is going back to the store, I'll stick with Elasta QP foam). Also, I airdried today and for 8 weeks post-relaxer, it turned out very nice. Soft, shiny and very few hairs lost.

I haven't tried the hydrating conditioner, but am going to ask for a trade in tomorrow for the foam instead of a refund.

I'm not super-crazy about the moisturizing conditioner, but mixed with the reconstructor it does much better.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I'm not super-crazy about the moisturizing conditioner, but mixed with the reconstructor it does much better.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Say is the reconstructor a protein cond, that needs a moisturizer follow up?

Back