Death to Coconut Oil....

SqrpioQutie

... ok, maybe it's not that serious BUT is there anyone else who gets completely nauseated at the smell of Parachute Coconut Oil?... i mean this goes beyond just not liking the smell - it makes me physically ill, it's so overpowering...

i need some suggestions as to how to mask the smell or what kind of mixes you put it in to reap the benefits... i love what it does for my hair.. just have to cross this hurdle... :wallbash:

What about trying another brand. I believe it's Parachute that more than one person has complained about being smelly.:yep:

... ok, maybe it's not that serious BUT is there anyone else who gets completely nauseated at the smell of Parachute Coconut Oil?... i mean this goes beyond just not liking the smell - it makes me physically ill, it's so overpowering...

i need some suggestions as to how to mask the smell or what kind of mixes you put it in to reap the benefits... i love what it does for my hair.. just have to cross this hurdle... :wallbash:

Sqrpio, definitely change your brand! Do not miss out on the benefits of coconut oil. I really prefer LAXMI brand to the Parachute brand. I think the parachute is kinda sweetie scented and not to my liking either. I use it for my henna mix only....not for daily hair sealing.

i'm so glad i only bought a small bottle... i'll definitely get to mixing.... lol.. AND looking for a new brand....

now tell me, what does Ylang Ylang do??

and i'm SO GLAD it isn't just me... i know i have a sensitive nose but this is ridiculous.. lol

Dang I just bought a bottle and waiting for it to get here!! I hope you have luck finding one with a better scent!!!!

i'm so glad i only bought a small bottle... i'll definitely get to mixing.... lol.. AND looking for a new brand....

now tell me, what does Ylang Ylang do??

and i'm SO GLAD it isn't just me... i know i have a sensitive nose but this is ridiculous.. lol
You can try orchid for more moisture. It helps with oily hair, to kind of regulate and control the glands. I also think it stimulates hair growth.

i read somewhere that refined coconut oil doesn't have the same benefits as unrefined... something to do with the refining (heating the oil up to ridiculous temperatures and cooling it, that's why it has no smell) process.

i LOVE spectrum unrefined virgin coconut oil, but maybe that's just me :) and the fact that i love the smell of coconut.

I can't relate, because I love Parachute's smell. Those (spectrum) oils have less to no smell. The Lou Ana coconut oil (cooking aisle) sold at Walmart doesn't really smell either. It is cheap and works well.

I love the smell of my coconut oil even more since I've seen the effect it has on my hair. It's like I sprouted a whole new head of hair in 3 months.

Hi,

I found unrefined virgin coconut oil in the vitamin aisle at Wal-Mart. It's by the vitamin company "Rexall". It's food grade and it smells and tastes great. I don't know if every Wal-Mart carries it, but it's worth the trip.

i read somewhere that refined coconut oil doesn't have the same benefits as unrefined... something to do with the refining (heating the oil up to ridiculous temperatures and cooling it, that's why it has no smell) process.

What benefits would those be?

Where can I find conconut oil - or coconut milk, for that matter?
I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe. It's great and another health food store in my area. It's a best seller too. And make sure it's extra virgin & organic (unrefined).

41QjPAfAuAL._SS500_.jpg

I think its the brand. I used parachute before and it smells like burnt coconuts. I like coconut smell, so the next type of coconut oil I got was virgin organic unrefined coconut oil, which smelled better-no burnt smell.

I can't relate, because I love Parachute's smell. Those (spectrum) oils have less to no smell. The Lou Ana coconut oil (cooking aisle) sold at Walmart doesn't really smell either. It is cheap and works well.

Oh my gosh, you must have really strong nostrils. :lachen:

I smells like metal shavings, salt, and curry powder, almost feel like I am dumping a plate of food on my head. :lachen:

Sorry to hear you don't like the smell of this oil. This is the only coconut oil my hair likes and it's cheap:spinning:. I have tried many expensive coconut oils from whole food store and no one worked for my hair, just parachute. The smell doesn't bother ;however I used it as pre poo I don't leave it in my hair. Actually today I got 1/4 gallon for $7 :happydance:

i was just rubbing some coconut oil on my face as I read this thread. Girl Spectrum Virgin coconut oil is the bomb! i use it all over my body and in my hair and on my scalp. Smells great! Its healed my burns very fast! Staple of mine for sure.

OK, I tried Prachute for the first time tonite and I'm gonna have to pass on this brand. I love coconuts, but this smells nothing like it. I have to agree with up-poster that it does smell like curries and I'm sry I spend my $$ on some nice-*** perfume, I will not be smellin like curry all day everyday.

Ugh, maybe I'll give it another shot..maybe not

OK, I tried Prachute for the first time tonite and I'm gonna have to pass on this brand. I love coconuts, but this smells nothing like it. I have to agree with up-poster that it does smell like curries and I'm sry I spend my $$ on some nice-*** perfume, I will not be smellin like curry all day everyday.

Ugh, maybe I'll give it another shot..maybe not

:lachen:

I hear you girl. That's how I felt about that Nyle hair oil stuff.

I use some coconut oil I buy in the Asian beauty supply store. It doesn't even have a brand name. Just coconut oil. Or something de coco? :ohwell:

i agree....i use spectrum virgin organic coconut oil....no smell whatsoever...but I'm glad i read this thread so i can stay away from parachute :ohwell:
Same here. I've seen Parachute in the shop, but my hand always strays to the no-name brand in the large, glass jar right next to it. No smell, no fuss, perfect.

Can someone please tell me how to use coconut oil and how much to use. What are the benefits of it in your hair or on your face?

Back