DC on dry hair????

Yep, I always DC on dry hair, rinse and go! For some reason I feel like co washing will take away some of the DC softness.

Yesterday afternoon I slapped some Silk ELements olive oil conditioner on my hair and then braided in like 7 braids. Put my cap on and cleaned the house, watched tv, and then went to bed. This morning I rinsed it out in the shower. My hair felt soft. I did a wash n go with just that and my Coco-cream leave in. My hair was soft all day. (Which isn't usually the case.)

My hair also didn't draw up as much... which is what I was complaining about just this weekend. It could have been the DC over night/co-wash or it could have been that while it was wet I kinda put my hair in 5-7 loose twists. Then I took them out and fluffed them when they were still a bit damped.

Less shrinkage, soft hair at the end of the day. So at least part of that is due to me DC on dry hair overnight.... then rinsing in the morning.

i actually heard DCs absorb best on dry hair...aubrey organics conditioners say for regular conditioning apply after shampooing but for DCing apply to dry hair...as far as it being a cowash, it will probably get some dirt/build up off your hair, but not your scalp if your not putting it on your scalp and massaging it with your fingertips...just rinsing probably wont do much as far as cleansing, but your hair will be soft

I've done it several times also and I love how soft and moisturized my hair feels and looks. I use Earthly Delights shampoos and conditioners. I love love love their conditioner. I put it on my hair dry, sit under the dryer for 45 minutes - hour then rinse.

That's what I always do. I put Palmer's Coconut Protein DC in overnight and rinse in the morning. Two birds with one stone.

that's the only way to go... i dc on dry hair for about 30 - 45 minutes then rinse... sometimes i'll lightly shampoo my scalp only... after rinsing i apply my leave-in... i'm too lazy to keep stepping in & out of the shower

I always DC on dry hair - otherwise, I'm dripping all over the place and I make crazy concoctions (like with molasses), and I can't leave them in for an hour+.

If my DC is something like clay, I usually cowash to make sure I get all the clay out, but otherwise I don't follow up with another cowash.

yup do it very often...throw in a dc ..detangle braid it up...sleep clean whatever ...shower rinse..

i do this too! :):):) especially for my braid regime. mix up a good dc. slather it on my dry hair. tie it up in plastic paggies, covered by a headwrap (to hide the madness, lol, & hold in some body heat) & then go about my business, let it marinate for several hours or even over night. then rinse & spray my leave-in, seal & go.

I do it all the time. I hate jumping in and out of the shower. The only time I don't DC on dry hair is when I need to clarify (which is not that often).

For me, if it's a creamy DC (Ion extreme moisture nurturing creme), I lightly spritz my hair. If it's more watery (ORS replenishing deep conditioner), I just put it on dry hair. I don't CO wash afterwards because my hair feels too good after I DC this way. :)

I do this all the.time especially in the winter or when I am really busy, but don't want to miss my hair day. I discovered it by accident one day i preepooed and my hair felt soooo darn good i just rinsed ,added my leave ins and KIM,LOL.

I am actually DC now, but only my ponytail got this from a youtuber name the Mrs. so I'll rollerset my pony and KIM til Thursday.

Back