Dating Someone because they remind you of someone else?

dannie

Is that wrong?

:lachen:

Especially when you kinda hate the person they remind you of, but then you secretly are enjoying it because its like being with them but only if they were better?

This guy looks almost exactly like this past dude, same age, astrological sign, style of dress.

Does that mean I still care about the other guy even thought that was a long time ago? Do I only like him because he remind me of someone else? Am I crazy?

Similar experiences? Thoughts?

It's a slippery slope. My ex actually dated me because I reminded him of his ex (I didn't find this out until much later). I wish I would've known in the beginning because it was a hard relationship. It's like you're looking for something that's not there and when you don't get it you're disappointed. I'm nothing like his ex but we look a lot alike supposedly. I just know I never want to feel like that again so I make it a habit to be sure I don't get involved with people that have "ex" issues.

He eventually left me to get back with her only to realize that he couldn't stand being with her. I didn't take his silly arse back of course (even though he tried) but the situation definitely messed my head up for a while. I say be careful, good luck, lol.

I agree that you have to be careful about dating someone bc they remind you of an ex. If I ended up dating someone bc they reminded me of an ex, that indicates that I have not gotten over them. My ex recently told me that he compares every girl he meets to me and that what makes him like a girl is what reminds him of me. I did not say anything but that was an obvious indicator that he has not gotten over me.

Now don't get me wrong, I attract guys that are different but their nature/personality is similar...it could just be your taste and what you attract. But only you can answer that question if you are over your ex or not. But it is natural to admire qualities of an ex that you see in an new person.

Don't do it resolve your issues that you still have with your ex. You aint got over him and you just asking for trouble.

This guy looks almost exactly like this past dude, same age, astrological sign, style of dress.

But what's his PERSONALITY like? I know I was looking for someone with similar qualities as my ex (well, the good ones); but if you're only focusing on the external, and he's as different as night and day from your ex; you're probably going to be asking him to jump through hoops that he really shouldn't to be doing. Know what I mean?

Dating for any reason but that they make you happy and you want to make them happy isn't really ideal. I dated someone because he was everything my ex wasn't and I liked that. It didn't work out. I don't think you're not over your ex or everything that happened. Did u get closure in that relationship?

But what's his PERSONALITY like? I know I was looking for someone with similar qualities as my ex (well, the good ones); but if you're only focusing on the external, and he's as different as night and day from your ex; you're probably going to be asking him to jump through hoops that he really shouldn't to be doing. Know what I mean?
I havent gotten to know him enough to say their personalties are similar or not. But i didnt want to exclude him just because he looks like someone else.

But then part of me doesnt want to deal with it because i guess im not over the other person even though i thought i was. Things ended terribly, there was no type of closure what so ever. But that was almost 5yrs ago.

I had someone date me because I looked like their ex/baby momma :ohwell: well Im not sure if that was the only reason but he did tell me that I looked like her. Which I didn't like because he didn't get along with this chick though we got along great.

Back