Dating Hurdles...

Syrah

I'm curious, for all of the ladies out there - single, married, dating, otherwise - what is/was the hardest part of the dating process?

- Having the initial conversation with a man you're attracted to?
- Getting a conversation with a man you're attracted to to lead to exchange of numbers?
- Securing first date with a man you're attracted to after exchanging numbers?
- Subsequent dates after the first one?
- Transitioning from dating to a long term relationship?
- Transitioning from a long term relationship to marriage?

For me Transitioning from dating to a long term relationship was the hardest. I've never had problems gettind first dates or subsequent dates but once it turned serious, I start to panick :lol:

For me it has been subsequent dates after the first one..literally, I could have starred in 50 first dates because thats how many I feel like Ive been on..

If you look at the stats, the hardest for many is staying together.

Imma just say it, most people are with who they're with for the wrong reasons without thinking in terms of longevity.

-A

For me it has been subsequent dates after the first one..literally, I could have starred in 50 first dates because thats how many I feel like Ive been on..

ITA... I hate the disappointment of realizing that he's either just not that into me or I'm just not that into him.

i'd like to add getting to know the real person
there are so many ways to be underhanded and devious these days

it's also hard sometimes to get past the "representative" and see the true person for who they real are

most people are with who they're with for the wrong reasons without thinking in terms of longevity.

-A

real talk

For a while my problem has been just meeting a man I'm attracted to and want to get to know. Assuming that isn't an issue, my biggest dating hurdle is moving from just dating to a long-term relationship. It's hard for me to let people in/let my guard down even though it's the one thing I want more than anything.:ohwell: I hate being in that phase where I'm still trying to sniff a man out and figure out if I can trust him.

I'm curious, for all of the ladies out there - single, married, dating, otherwise - what is/was the hardest part of the dating process?

- Having the initial conversation with a man you're attracted to?
- Getting a conversation with a man you're attracted to to lead to exchange of numbers?
- Securing first date with a man you're attracted to after exchanging numbers?
- Subsequent dates after the first one?
- Transitioning from dating to a long term relationship?
- Transitioning from a long term relationship to marriage?

The hardest part for me is the last one, LOL, b/c I am not married or engaged, nor have I ever been proposed to in a serious manner. :lol:

I used to think transitioning from dating to an LTR was the hardest part of the dating process, but I've noticed that if you are able to find a guy who is majorly into you and acts right, you will have no issues with him recognizing you as his girlfriend in a timely manner (to me, that's within less than 6 months, ideally less than 3 months of regular dating).

I would also say the last 2. The dating one because I would get bored, dislike something and drop them like a flash and it would just be a rerun of that over and over. The last one because I haven't gotten there yet.

For a while my problem has been just meeting a man I'm attracted to and want to get to know. Assuming that isn't an issue, my biggest dating hurdle is moving from just dating to a long-term relationship. It's hard for me to let people in/let my guard down even though it's the one thing I want more than anything.:ohwell: I hate being in that phase where I'm still trying to sniff a man out and figure out if I can trust him.

i could have written that word-for-word!!!!!.... i finally admitted to myself that i actually am picky but i'm ok with it (for the most part).... it just means that when i do meet someone that i'm "there" with, it'll be a better choice for me... :)

The hardest part for me was not making myself available to him. He was such a good guy that it was hard for me to give chase.

Back