Dating Funks/Crossroads/Valleys...

DivineNapps1728

I'm in a strange place when it comes to dating. My last serious relationship ended about 2yrs ago; after it dissolved I took ample time to heal, focus on finishing college & to learn from my childhood follies. Alot has changed between now & then including the type of man I'm attracted to, standards for a mate, etc; I don't plan to get involved with anyone who doesn't have "marriage" potential, I figure why mess around with someone I could never see myself with or be with someone just for the heck of it.

This is where the situation gets sticky, I know I'm not ready for marriage (or anything super serious) so if that perfect guy for me popped up I'm not sure I could accept him, but at the same time I feel like I'm ready to start dating again.

I'm in a bit of a rut overall. I'm ready, but I'm still leary of being into anyone as much as I was into my ex. I'm pretty much taking my time with men I encounter because I skate between being too critical & too impulsive. :wallbash: Even though I'd like a relationship I'm on the verge of hopping out of the dating scene again.

Anyone else experience a similar situation or any dating funk in general? How'd you get over it? Any tips on how to gain mental clarity? I'm thinking this is just a passing phase, but having conflicting desires is annoying me.

Hopefully this post makes sense. To clarify I'm not looking for a husband right now, I just don't wanna be involved with someone I feel I'd have no future with, but at the same time settling down seems scary...

Once you meet The One, you might have a change of heart....Until then, just go with the flow.

Back