Dating: Chicago vs Houston (& Dallas)

zzirvingj

Some of you may have seen my Off topic post about Chicago vs Houston vs Atlanta where I asking on people's overall input on all three of those cities.

I think my career is going to be taking me to Texas or Chicago within the next year or 2, and I've visited Chicago but still haven't been to Texas yet. Of course, the dating life is one aspect I'd like to know about and I'd like people's opinions on dating in Chicago and Houston (Dallas, too). I'd be interested in hearing particularly from people who can compare at least two of the cities based on personal experience.

I know that one's dating life is going to vary vastly depending on the individual, but I'm still interested in hearing what people have to say about these cities specifically.

Feel free to compare Chi/Houston/Dallas to Atlanta if you've been there, too, because that's where I currently live and would be moving from....

TIA :drunk:

I live in Chicago and lived in Dallas for 5 years. I will say they are the same dating wise all you have to do is sign up with the upscale promoters ( ski trips, volleyball, softball) and of course clubs and you will do well in either location.

Having no problems here in Dallas. I wasn't available in Atlanta but its wayyyyyyy better than that place. Hung out in Houston for a spell and its good as well.

I lived in Chi very briefly and also Atl. I've only visited TX/have close friends in Houston. I think both locales would be much better than Atl by a long shot. I met some pretty fine and successful brothers in Chicago (and they didn't seem overly pretentious like other cities such as Atl/DC), you just gotta figure out the spots/circles to run in. And in H-town I think the numbers are just so much better in women's favor esp if you are an attractive professional blk woman, whereas in Atl they are a dime a dozen (pun not intended, lol).

^^That's true. One thing I've come to appreciate about the guys in Chicago is that they are not pretentious.... very down to earth in fact. Compared to the DC scene, it makes dating A LOT easier. And its not because they are not accomplished, there are a lot of smart black guys doing their thing... I think in your OT thread I talked about the professional scene out here.

Black folk tend to stay on the South side. If you're gonna be on the south side...a good place to live is in the Hyde Park area.... really nice upper class area right by U of C. Very diverse, and there's a lot of hipster white folk, but there are a lot of really nice mature people who are either teaching or affiliated with the university some how.

Another nice place to live is the South Loop, also a nice up and coming area filled with upwardly mobile young people.

Oh... and I mention these places cuz these are the areas where you might meet a nice black dude in the grocery store or in the library or walking down the street or something. Of course the club scene is an option, but that can be hit or miss sometimes. Might as well increase your chances by living in the right spot!

^^^When I interned in Chicago, the two black women in the office lived in the areas you mentioned (one of them put me on a really good hair stylist while I was up there, lol).

Girl, I always tell people this and they never believe me, and I'm always right. You move down here and you'll be in a serious relationship within 4 months, tops. Dating here is great. Ive been to the other cities but not long enough to peep the dating scene.

Good luck zz, I've been seeing your recent threads about Houston. If you ever want to talk or have any questions, let me know. I'll give you the good and bad

Back