Dating At 40+

I
@luckiestdestiny

Im so sorry to hear that you are ill. I hope that you have a speedy and complication free recovery. Give me enough notice and I'll be at the wedding.

@PretteePlease
I'm going to try out the steakhouse plan next month. Do you dress business professional for this?

why next month?

sometimes i look super casual sometimes I look like i came right from work. I was usually out for happy hour so i dressed like I had been at work in an office
even though I was teaching :giggle: Other times I wore my uniform Black high waist skirt to the knees or past and a button up shirt and heels

Oh and just because I know how petty people are I will share that I got married last year because I decided I would not be 40 fine and never married.I'm currently a stay at home pet mom.

Some people only take advice from certian people
.edited because that was snarky :coffee: this detox tea though.

Last edited:
why next month?

sometimes i look super casual sometimes I look like i came right from work. I was usually out for happy hour so i dressed like I had been at work in an office
even though I was teaching :giggle: Other times I wore my uniform Black high waist skirt to the knees or past and a button up shirt and heels

Oh and just because I know how petty people are I will share that I got married last year because I decided I would not be 40 fine and never married.I'm currently a stay at home pet mom.

Some people only take advice from certian people. Meanwhile the LHCF dating guru was blowing up my phone looking to me for advice and tellin yall
business. :coffee: this detox tea though.

Congrats!!!! :bdance:

Wait, what?!? Congrats! I like how you just casually slid that in. Did you meet him while out and about?

I'm trying to make better food choices but a couple of happy hours won't derail me.

You know I have be on a No :censored: to Give thing lately. So I will keep it 100. I met him on CL. I wanted to go on a cruise I told myself somebody was taking me & I saw 3 ads. I answered & thought he was the best choice. We met 2xs b4 the criuse & have been together ever since. He took me on a 2nd cruise 4mo later & recently went to Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, & Croatia on our honeymoon.

For the naysayers I told a non Judge Judy on this very forum about being open to Cl & she got married too. She should be on year 2 or 3 by now.

3 out of the 5 most successful men I've dated came from Cl.

I'm not telling yall to be on craig but craig been good to me. I have a homegirl for over 10yrs that i met there. Folks say it is a hook up site but it is what you make it.

My point is be open & be positive. My life isnt perfect but i was a damsel & he saved me.

Last edited:
Love it!!!!

oddly enough I met a friend for now going on 10 yrs on CL, her and I are thick as thieves. We laugh about it all the time. I sold some furniture on there- then ventured off into the women friend area and the rest is history

I'm very happy for you:2inlove:

You know I have be on a No :censored: to Give thing lately. So I will keep it 100. I met him on CL. I wanted to go on a cruise I told myself somebody was taking me & I saw 3 ads. I answered & thought he was the best choice. We met 2xs b4 the criuse & have been together ever since. He took me on a 2nd cruise 4mo later & recently went to Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, & Croatia on our honeymoon.

For the naysayers I told a non Judge Judy on this very forum about being open to Cl & she got married too. She should be on year 2 or 3 by now.

I'm not telling yall to be on craig but craig been good to me. I have a homegirl for over 10yrs that i met there. Folks say it is a hook up site but it is what you make it.

My point is be open & be positive. My life isnt perfect but i was a damsel & he saved me.

Wow....that's amazing. Congratulations!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

@Holla I like the tips that you shared.

I'm in my mid 40's & I have no problem meeting men. There's good ones out there...just not the one for me. I'm sure my King will soon arrive. In the meantime, I'm enjoying me and getting out there.
I make sure when I step out my house I look 100 at all Times! you never know when that guy will pop up!

@PretteePlease A big Congratulations to you. We all have our own path to follow. I've never thought about that. I may check it out.

I am the only one of your 40+ friends that's still single. I admit that I do need to get out more. I hardly every leave the house except to go to the grocery store, and run small errands etc. I need to make it my business to get a babysitter every once and a while and just go somewhere.

I've explored online dating in the past, but that can be exhausting and overwhelming. I may give it another shot though. I was actually thinking about taking a different approach and hire a professional matchmaker. Has anyone ever tried that?

Why do people send you DM's in Instagram? I don't know you and I am not responding. I can't get into online dating at all.

If people can make LinkedIn a place to hook up, they can make anything a potential hook up spot. My 25 year old had 50 year old men who had NOTHING in common with her trying to connect, meet up, etc. My 50 year old friends got men following their Instagram and then unfollowing when they don't reciprocate their romantic interest. Some people are simply trifling and entitled.

Came across this today. It is so true. A man will size you up to see how he can fit into your life and add to it. A GOOD MAN looking for love will do that. A bum will size you up looking for help. It is up to YOU to know the difference.

(Don't look at the messenger. Listen to the message. :look:)

Damsel. I told yall be a damsel.

okay after reading this i went to CL and read an 'ad', by a BM. and it -no joke- plain as day said "NOT INTO BLACK WOMEN"
i felt a little sick and closed the tab.

wtf. people should be open to humanity. you're not "into" black women? what does that even mean? You don't know who you're dismissing because you're not even open to an email?

sometimes i think the media onslaught of BM don't like BW narratives is just that- just words. but then stuff like this happens. or going to the grocery store and seeing all the black women in there alone and all the black men pushing carts for becky (which he wouldn't do it for me) i mean- it's hard to have the positive aura and to be hopeful when i'm getting dirty looks in public. oh but men are very happy to ask me to be a side piece.

okay after reading this i went to CL and read an 'ad', by a BM. and it -no joke- plain as day said "NOT INTO BLACK WOMEN"
i felt a little sick and closed the tab.

wtf. people should be open to humanity. you're not "into" black women? what does that even mean? You don't know who you're dismissing because you're not even open to an email?

sometimes i think the media onslaught of BM don't like BW narratives is just that- just words. but then stuff like this happens. or going to the grocery store and seeing all the black women in there alone and all the black men pushing carts for becky (which he wouldn't do it for me) i mean- it's hard to have the positive aura and to be hopeful when i'm getting dirty looks in public. oh but men are very happy to ask me to be a side piece.

Sis keep it pushin. You have to sift through things. Let the negativity bounce off you.
Don't let one self hating bum ruin it for you. Do you think someone like that is treating
Becky like a queen. He is probably doing her super dirty. That could have been anywhere
Tinder, the mall, over coffee at dinner. I've seen those same ads. Sometimes I would respond
and toy with them. Or respond and say i'm black then watch them backpedal.

I had one guy tell me he didn't date black women at dinner and I asked him why I was there.
He tried to act like I was a magical black unicorn version of himself.

He has his preferences. You have yours. Don't let his self hate knock you off your pedestal.

Sis keep it pushin. You have to sift through things. Let the negativity bounce off you.
Don't let one self hating bum ruin it for you. Do you think someone like that is treating
Becky like a queen. He is probably doing her super dirty. That could have been anywhere
Tinder, the mall, over coffee at dinner. I've seen those same ads. Sometimes I would respond
and toy with them. Or respond and say i'm black then watch them backpedal.

I had one guy tell me he didn't date black women at dinner and I asked him why I was there.
He tried to act like I was a magical black unicorn version of himself.

He has his preferences. You have yours. Don't let his self hate knock you off your pedestal.

you're right. you're right. thank you

Back