Daily washing in the fall and winter

Serei

I've done it. I've gotten myself sick walking around the house with a wet head. Daily washing is the only thing I've done that has actually improved my hair growth and condition. For those of you who CO or daily wash, what do you do when it gets cold? Do you just stop doing it all together, cut back or do you start blow drying?

I'm still washing my hair . I don't care how cold it gets. Thank God i haven't gotten sick yet. Daily rinsing/washing my hair has become an addiction that i'm not ready to kick.
grin.gif

I know Madison, it is addictive. At some point I was even washing my hair twice a day and I have about 3/4 of in inch of new growth as a result!

I have been CO rinsing 4-5 days weekly. I like to rinse upon entering the house (for the day), then allow my hair to airdry as I prepare dinner, clean, etc. HOWEVER, now that I'm entering my shedding phase
mad.gif
, I'm gonna cut back to once per wk. I guess the winter is not gonna be an issue for me.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Well, I wash at night. By the time morning comes it is about 90% dry. I may have to go out and buy some new hats!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do too.
smile.gif

Sounds like everyone pretty much has the same idea. Washing/rinsing everyday has done so much for my hair, I don't plan to stop because of the season change.

I haven't tried washing or rinsing everyday yet, just every 3 days. My hair growth and condition has improved amazingly from doing this instead of washing just once per week. I do wonder what daily washing would do for my 4a/b hair...

I just don't have the energy to wash/rinse my hair everyday! I stick with twice a week...the thread about daily washing helping hair growth does have me interested though.

i only washed my hair everyday/rinsed it during the summer months after working out. but now that it's getting colder i think i wash my hair two or three times a week.

I've cut back already because the mornings and evenings are starting to get cold and I don't want to get sick. I've cut down to 2-3 times a week, but I sure miss daily washing.

I just dress real warm, keep my hair in a towel until its damp and wear sock to keep your feet warm.(My mother in law's rule) and it works!

well tonight i will be washing my hair and twisting it, hopefully it dries by morning!

Do most of you actually use shampoo 2x's a week, or does some of this include CO washes too?

Ballet Bun ...

The cold may be uncomfortable, but having a wet head in the winter will NOT make you sick. That's actually just an old wives tale.

[ QUOTE ]
NAY007 said:
i only washed my hair everyday/rinsed it during the summer months after working out. but now that it's getting colder i think i wash my hair two or three times a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I also agree with Brooke007, I've never gotten a cold from having a wet head.

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
The cold may be uncomfortable, but having a wet head in the winter will NOT make you sick. That's actually just an old wives tale.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought that too!
I thought that too

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I agree! I have never gotten sick this way.

Back