Daily moisturizer recs

fiestynfab

Can anyone recommend a good daily moisturizer for straightened hair? My hair is currently flat ironed and I want to use a good daily moisturizer that won't weigh my hair down, make it greasy, or revert my hair or make it frizzy. I'm particularly referring to my ends. I'm having trouble finding something that won't revert my ends or make them frizzy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Can anyone recommend a good daily moisturizer for straightened hair? My hair is currently flat ironed and I want to use a good daily moisturizer that won't weigh my hair down, make it greasy, or revert my hair or make it frizzy. I'm particularly referring to my ends. I'm having trouble finding something that won't revert my ends or make them frizzy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Im so glad you asked this question, im looking for the same type of product, my hair is relaxed and I want to stay away from cones in a daily moisturizer as well.

At the beginning of the week, I tend to use a little bit of coconut oil on my ends when I've straightened my hair. That's what I did this time around and it held up really well.

When my hair is straight, I normally use coconut oil on the ends as needed. I ran out about 2 months ago and never repurchased but it's really good and light.

I received a free bottle of Carol's Daughter hair balm and have been using that on my straight hair and I must say I like it as much as coconut oil. You only need a pea size anytime you use it. It also does a good job of laying down my edges. Love love love it!

Also I wanted to add that I don't use a product daily when my hair is straight. I'll use my paddle brush every night and it will assist the natural oil from my scalp to moisturize the length of my hair. I'll use the Hair Balm on my ends and edges as needed...maybe every 3 days or so. Otherwise my hair will get really oily and weighed down.

I like Camille Rose JAI Twist Butter or Purabody Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion. My hair is THICK, so I don't have a problem with my hair being weighed down, but even then, I make sure to use VERY little (I divide my hair in four and use a nickel sized amount on each section) and concentrate most of it on my ends. I take my denman and distribute it through my hair. Keep the moisturizer away from the scalp (moisturize about 3-4 inches away from the scalp) to keep movement in the hair and you don't need to moisturize daily unless your hair is SUPER dry. I also skip sealing with an oil. That helps to keep my hair from being greasy. HTH

I don't moisturize when my hair is straight, at times I use a lil aveda anti-humectant pomade on my flyaways but that's it. Deep conditioning is enough when my hair is straight.

Back