Daily Defense Tender Apple

sheesh! After it took me 2 months to find this darn conditioner, they discontinue it :mad: I never found it anywhere except my discount grocery store, guess I will be stocking up! The only comparable product for me was the dove intense moisture conditioner, but that's $6 for a big bottle, I prefered spending less than a dollar for the DDTA.

BLESSED1 said:
sheesh! After it took me 2 months to find this darn conditioner, they discontinue it :mad: I never found it anywhere except my discount grocery store, guess I will be stocking up! The only comparable product for me was the dove intense moisture conditioner, but that's $6 for a big bottle, I prefered spending less than a dollar for the DDTA.

i'm glad you wrote this. i was just cursing myself for waiting to buy ddta. i do have a brand new bottle of dove conditioner and shampoo in my linen closet. yipee!

ladylibra_30 said:
i'm glad you wrote this. i was just cursing myself for waiting to buy ddta. i do have a brand new bottle of dove conditioner and shampoo in my linen closet. yipee!

Hey girl let me know how you like the dove :yep: I tried the shampoo once a while ago (had a free sample) but I don't remember how it worked on my hair, I'm assuming it didn't do anything really bad to it because I would've remembered that :lol: Oh and I don't know if you have this in your area but I just bought another bottle of DDTA at the Price Rite grocery store, and they did have a lot left there.....hopefully still do :look:

I cant believe this...i havent even gotten a chance to try it and now its discontinued....i only went to one store but didnt know what it looked like but couldnt find something under its name...i would love the opportunity to try it if i can find it. God bless you all.

I went out and purchased this product on yesterday I have been looking for a good product for my natural daughters 4a/4b hair. Just wondering I did see a post where it said the hair type was for dry damaged hair. The one I saw and picked up said it was for all hair types. Is this different? Hoping it will provide good slip.

Well ladies, my persistence paid off. I found three large bottles of DDTA at Dollar General on my way home from work tonight! I bought all three. I felt like dancing a little jig when I saw it. :woot: I plan to use it tonight after my workout. If I like it, I'm going to continue searching for it and buy all that I find.

balisi said:
Well ladies, my persistence paid off. I found three large bottles of DDTA at Dollar General on my way home from work tonight! I bought all three. I felt like dancing a little jig when I saw it. :woot: I plan to use it tonight after my workout. If I like it, I'm going to continue searching for it and buy all that I find.
Girl I am doing a happy dance for you now that Labett has sent me some. I need to see if there is a dollar general here!!! I still plan on looking and stocking up while I can!!!!

Hawaii is so backwards when it comes to this stuff. I wonder if the Dollar Store here has it on a shelf collecting dust somewhere. I might go look today.

This is one product I really regret sleeping on! I love this product.

I've done a comparison on all four the formulas and ingredients wise, they are almost identical, I've not detected any performance difference between them.

After I found it and posted about where I found it, I went back to pick up a few more bottles...WHY were most of them gone?! :mad:

Well, I've left a few bottles at the various Dollar Tree stores in the North County (for all the lurkers here in 'Diego! :sekret: ).

I won't say how many I've gotten but my DH was asking if I was planning on mailing some out or selling it! :lol:

Anyone found a suitable replacement yet?

landakaye said:
Hawaii is so backwards when it comes to this stuff. I wonder if the Dollar Store here has it on a shelf collecting dust somewhere. I might go look today.

I must admit that the bottles I purchased today were pretty dusty! :lol:

Co-signing with Balisi. I purchased two DUSTY bottles that were 25.4 fl oz (big bottles) for only 1.00 each!!!:yay: The Family Dollars that I went to had PLENTY of these big bottles,so tomorrow I will buy about 5 more. When I can't find anymore of this conditioner, I will go back to Pantene Relaxed and Naturals:yep:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen this my area. I'll check a few other stores, I hope that I can find it soon, because I'd love to try it. :)

My discount store is still selling it for 50 cents I picked a few more bottles cant beat this price.

I must admit to being just a little disappointed when i first used this product. It is okay and did give good slip, but not as great as I expected. I've used it only once so far (to co-wash), and my hair probably has some buildup, so I'll clarify before using it again to see if I notice any better results. I'll use up what I have, but don't think I'll continue my hunt for more DDTA. :ohwell:

aw man, they discontinued it?! just when i hopped on the bandwagon! oh well, guess I better go buy the rest of the conditioners at the dollar store before someone else does! :)

I just discovered DDTA too (thanks to this thread and the reviews of this board) and I am in looove with it. It helps me untangle my newgrowth. I just wished I would have discovered it sooner. Does anyone know if there is a conditioner that compares to DDTA for co washes? (I didn't care for the Suave tropical coconut) Thanks.

gorgeoushair said:
I just discovered DDTA too (thanks to this thread and the reviews of this board) and I am in looove with it. It helps me untangle my newgrowth. I just wished I would have discovered it sooner. Does anyone know if there is a conditioner that compares to DDTA for co washes? (I didn't care for the Suave tropical coconut) Thanks.

I really LOVE Clairol's Herbal Essense line it is VERY COMPARABLE to DDTA, I just went to Walmart tonight to stock up it's about $2.88 :)

Dangit, while I was in Arkansas, I stopped at Dollar Tree and bought the Shampoo instead of the conditioner, now it has to collect dust with the rest of my products, I bought Water Lily instead of Tender Apple...to bad I can't take it back...

surprising conditioner because i didnt like it before when I tried it but I gave it a second chance and it handled my NG real well as made my hair soft to detangle.

I'm reaaaaallly late to DDTA but I finally gave it a shot since I saw it in Dollar Tree. I am totally in love :love: with this stuff!! I'm a conditioner junkie and this was so thick and rich my hair just loved it. My Dollar Tree had the bigger bottles (25 oz) and I also saw the big bottles in Dollar General. I will be stocking up- it reminds me of the now discontinued Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm which I also used to love.

vikkisecret, I had the same experience! I bought 5 bottles of this stuff a while back, did a CW and did not like it at all. My hair was a tangled mess. Tried it again last week as a CW, and it made my hair so soft! I wonder if it's due to me having more newgrowth, hmmm....

Back