Daily Defense Tender Apple

I saw this conditioner at a discount store today for 50 cents and I picked up two bottles cant wait to try it.

I used this conditioner today as a co wash and I was presently surprised how soft and moisturized my hair felt and for only 50 cents a bottle.
I will have to get a couple more bottles.

Im relaxed but have lots of new growth (almost 5 months) and this really helps loosen and soften it up for me. It also works well as a leave in with a little oil....actually I think I prefer it that way....I used a little as a final rinse to help start detangling, then used a quarter amount before my combout on wet hair, then topped it off with a little oil or serum. It air dried nice and soft.

I just tried this conditioner for the first time yesterday and I must say all of the reviews are so true, my hair is natural and very tangled in the middle of my head. I let the conditioner sit in my head for a while and the tangles just feel out. Literally!!!!

i picked up some ddta today at krogers and it had a discontinued item sticker on it :confused: i wonder if it is just dsc at krogers or are other places going to stop carrying it as well (i know stupid ? bare with me)

Great! I may try this product when I run out of my Suave Humectant or when I'm fully natural. :yep:

What type of conditioner would this be considered as? A moisturizing one? Could you use this after a deep or protein condtioner? God bless you all.

azul11 said:
What type of conditioner would this be considered as? A moisturizing one? Could you use this after a deep or protein condtioner? God bless you all.

It is a great moisturizing conditioner especially if you do co washes!!!

Peachtree said:
I've been meaning to try this conditioner for the longest. I'm gonna pick up a bottle during my next beauty supply run :cool:

I've finally tried out this conditioner... it is WELL WORTH the 89cents that I paid for it. It's very similiar to Pantene Hydrating Curls on my hair... gives my hair ubber slip & enhances the curl pattern. Will be a nice conditioner for my "wash 'n go's " this summer :grin:

Okay now I am getting scared. I went to Walmart today to get some and it was nowhere to be found. Not even the other Daily Defenses. I sure hope they are not discontinuing it. I will be out checking some of the other ones and will keep yall posted. I may have to put in a request through the exchange board. I just love this stuff and used my last bottles this weekend when I washed. Take care Q

Last edited:
Yes I am a lover of Clairols Daily Defense Tender Apple. I use it as a pre-shampoo treatment abnd I also use it as an after-shampoo conditioner along with some castor oil to add more moisture. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

Eventhough I have been on the Aubrey Organics product line kick, I have kept the DDTA and it will remain as part of my regimen. :)

queeny20 said:
Okay now I am getting scared. I went to Walmart today to get some and it was nowhere to be found. Not even the other Daily Defenses. I sure hope they are not discontinuing it. I will be out checking some of the other ones and will keep yall posted. I may have to put in a request through the exchange board. I just love this stuff and used my last bottles this weekend when I washed. Take care Queneesha

same in my area. i wonder whats going on?

I asked this because I need to get a moisturizing conditioner to use after I use the whole phytorelaxer system and wanted to make sure it would be able to do the job. Plus I dont want to spend an arm and a leg for it either. God bless you all.

I finally found this Saturday after traveling to 5 different stores and getting lost at the last one. Walmart didn't have it, neither did Target. Got it from Dollar Tree. It was definitely worth the time it took to find it!

LaNecia said:
I finally found this Saturday after traveling to 5 different stores and getting lost at the last one. Walmart didn't have it, neither did Target. Got it from Dollar Tree. It was definitely worth the time it took to find it!

I found mine at Dollar Tree to, they had all the different daily defense conditioners. This was the first time I've ever seen Daily Defense at dollar tree and I'm a faithful customer.

I dont think it being discontinued my discount store was selling it for 50 cents because no one was buying it.
I see it in all my Walmart,Kmart and Dollars Stores everywhere.

LABETT said:
I dont think it being discontinued my discount store was selling it for 50 cents because no one was buying it.
I see it in all my Walmart,Kmart and Dollars Stores everywhere.
Dang girl that is a great deal. What part of SC do you live in? My mom lives there and I will have her check in O'burg where she is at to see if they have it. You may have to hook some of us up through the exchange board. I am going to try the Family Dollars here. I do remember seeing them at one point. The only other thing that made me think they might stop making it is because I usally see a coupon for it at least once a month in the paper and have not seen it in awhile. Yes I am a coupon junky in this past week I saved close to $50 using coupons. Okay I will keep you guys posted. Q

Last edited:
The stores in my area are phasing out this conditioner, so I guess next time I see some I'll have to stock up. Two of the Wal-Marts in my area have already discontinued the sell of the whole Daily Defense line period. Once something hits the Dollar Stores, it generally means it is being discontinued whether it be the bottle design, the particular scent, or the product itself.

OkAY, I went to another discount store and found this conditioner for $1.00 for the 25 ounce size.
Queeny I am about hour from where your mother lives I am sending you a PM.

Thanks Labett we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday and today so no school for the kids. I got a chance to go out and went to family dollar and Walgreens and neither one had it. I am going to try Target and Big Lots later!!!

Here is the response I got from P&G

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the availability of Daily Defense.

We have stopped manufacturing this product. Sometimes, when a product
does not sell as well as we expect it to and the consumer interest in
it
declines, it is discontinued. Unfortunately, there weren't enough
other
consumers who shared your enthusiasm for it.

We're sorry, but because this product is discontinued, there are no
remaining units available for sale direct from our company.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused.
Unfortunately, Daily Defense is not listed on the Clairol web site.

We value you as a loyal customer and appreciate you taking the time to
contact us.

The Consumer Affairs Team

I'm glad you wrote them. That clears up the mystery. I hated to see them discontinue it at my local walmart. Has anyone found anything else comparable?

Thanks Senimoni,
I am glad my area still has plenty in stock I dont have stock up at the moment.

Last edited:
senimoni said:
Here is the response I got from P&G

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the availability of Daily Defense.

We have stopped manufacturing this product. Sometimes, when a product
does not sell as well as we expect it to and the consumer interest in
it
declines, it is discontinued. Unfortunately, there weren't enough
other
consumers who shared your enthusiasm for it.

We're sorry, but because this product is discontinued, there are no
remaining units available for sale direct from our company.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused.
Unfortunately, Daily Defense is not listed on the Clairol web site.

We value you as a loyal customer and appreciate you taking the time to
contact us.

The Consumer Affairs Team

NOOOOOOO!!! Dang now what am I going to use that is of the same value and quality. Darn it!!!

Back