Daily Co-Washing is having a dyring effect

M_BYRON_M

Since im gonna start the Crown and Glory technique ive decied to have a week of pampering my hair ,
But my Co washing had made my hair extremly dry and nothing can moisturise it at the moment ,

Has anyone got any ideas about a good moisturiser before i get my hair done tomorrow?

I need to ask a few questions before proposing a possible solution. What are you using for CW? are they cheap ones like vo5, suaze, these kinds tend to wreck havoc on my hair unless i use something good conditioners like keracare or motions, humectress etc do you have hard water? What are you moisturising your hair with?

My favourite moisturisers are Elasta QP Mango butter, profectiv breakfree, arosci leave in. In terms of keeping the hair from drying out, you may find these threads helpful
plasticcap
growthspurt

At the moment im using Hollywood beauty carrot as my cheap conditioner i usually add olive oil to enhance the results
I have used breakfree but i havent realy had that much success.I might give the mango butter a try when i have some spear money

Before I get braids put in my hair, I deep condition my hair atleast a day b/4. I use ORS Mayo, or LeKair to deep condition. Adding olive oil is good too. Before deep conditioning though, I have to make sure that my hair is thoroughly washed--that doesn't mean stripped, but well cleaned. AVEDA Curressence does this for me.

On a daily basis though, I will CW with, the 'cheap conditioners' Den1 mentioned. It depends on what type you use though. Something like "Milk & Honey" is more moisturizing than something with "Citrus" in the name.

I dont have a leave in at the moment im not usre on what to buy for one any suggestions .
I usally use ORS olive lotion or maybe surge mixted with castor oil and sulphur 8

Back