Curve Shingling Technique w/Photos....

• Thread starter Thread starter LaNecia
  • Start date Start date
L

LaNecia

For all you ladies who have wondered how to do the Shingling Method....I just notced today that the Curve Website now has step by step photos of the shingling process! :up:

Any one thinking what I'm thinkin? :scratchch CurlyCrly's probably already thunk it! :lol:.......................Curling Custard?

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably got tired of all the calls and emails..."Can you describe that AGAIN?!" :lol:

Ahh I thought this would be the drawings again but instead it's the pics--much better.

Well I feel weird combing a product through my hair (feel like it will make it frizz up somehow!) and no way will I sit under a dryer for an hour at home! But one day I will surely try it when I have mor etime on my hands :lol: . I feel like my curls from wash and go sorta just get stretched out more as the week progresses anyway.

LaNecia said:
For all you ladies who have wondered how to do the Shingling Method....I just notced today that the Curve Website now has step by step photos of the shingling process! :up:

Any one thinking what I'm thinkin? :scratchch CurlyCrly's probably already thunk it! :lol:.......................Curling Custard?

I used to do that, minus the comb through and stretching, when I first started texturizing. I used conditioner mixed with a little glycerin.

edited: minus the hooded dryer and blow dryer too. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I still get hungry when I see the term "curly pudding" ---yum yum!

Anyway that loks nice..I may want to try that out when I am fully natural! I wonder how would one keep that style up?

what is that girls hairtype?

I wish they would say what hairtype the client has, so I could figure out how my hair would look with it.:lachen:

Everytime i look at that site it makes me want to go natural!!!

CurlyCrly said:
I used to do that, minus the comb through and stretching, when I first started texturizing. I used conditioner mixed with a little glycerin.

See!! I KNEW it!

DS...I know, I tried it on mine this evening and it really made a bit difference in the curling (as much as mine will anyway). I didn't use the Curling Custard but the IC Styling Gel w/Sparkle Lites... Not Bad. It's got me want to go a little closer to natural too.

Isn't that an awful lot of product, though?

I would feel weird having that amount of goo on my head.
The hair must attract dust like crazy and feel totally greased up.

I don't think this would work on kinkier hair types. This girl looks like she may be somewhere in the 3 range. It just seems like a lot of work. I may try it when I have the time. Anyone here tried this technique on their kinky, non-texturized hair?

thickness said:
I don't think this would work on kinkier hair types. This girl looks like she may be somewhere in the 3 range. It just seems like a lot of work. I may try it when I have the time. Anyone here tried this technique on their kinky, non-texturized hair?

I think it may work on 4a type hair because they have a lot of before and after shots of natural hair being really stretched out. Check out:

http://www.curve-salon.com/beforeafter2.htm (girl 1 and 3)
http://www.curve-salon.com/beforeafter3.htm (girl 3 and 4)

I used to wonder how they did it, but now I see it's all product. You just really have to layer the pudding like they say and saturate each strand, then use the dryer to pull the hair taut and stretch it out. I know if I pull my hair, my coils become type 3. I guess the pudding weighs the hair down, and sets the style.

My question is, how long does it last? I mean, are you supposed to do this everyday?

CurlyCrly said:

Ok so what part of that DID you do lol?? ;)

thickness said:

here's one...my 3c is only in the back near the nape...i plan on stockin up on this stuff so i wont have to worry about not having it during my broke times lol...i can get similar results using numerous products together but why bother when i get it already in one jar :cool:

PhonyBaloney500 said:
Ok so what part of that DID you do lol?? ;)

Dividing my hair into narrow layers and saturating it with product. I then left it alone and then usually let it air-dry on its own. If my hair wasn't texturized, I would have done the other steps to stretch the curls out.

To help the curls as you stretch out your relaxer...
Or to help with transitioning...
All the pictures had the ladies cut off all of the relaxed hair & their hair was really low...
Would this work for ladies who want to grow out their hair without chopping off the relaxed? What about the Silker that was used when so many of the models blew out their hair?
-Just curious... :look:

oh, i see what you mean....i dunno if it would work for transitioners, cuz your relaxed hair wouldnt curl would it??

oh, and silkener is just a fancy word for texturizer....they think theyre foolin somebody! :lol:

Shatani said:
oh, i see what you mean....i dunno if it would work for transitioners, cuz your relaxed hair wouldnt curl would it??

oh, and silkener is just a fancy word for texturizer....they think theyre foolin somebody! :lol:
:lol:
Thanks Shatani!

Im sorry but I think that Miss. Jessie has lost her mind 48.00 + shipping and handling for a hair creme??? When I saw that my mouth fell wide open :eek: . have any of you tried this? Are there rare jewels at the bottom of the container?

jamiette said:
Im sorry but I think that Miss. Jessie has lost her mind 48.00 + shipping and handling for a hair creme??? When I saw that my mouth fell wide open :eek: . have any of you tried this? Are there rare jewels at the bottom of the container?
do you think theres a real miss jessie or is she just a character like mr. clean??? or the kool-aid man??

Isn't the picture of the older ladies supposed to have a Miss Jessie in there? I think maybe she died but there might have been one a while ago... Now they just carry on the name. :ohwell:

Good looking out,girlie!!:up: I see they took down the kinks to curls 101 section. Good thing I printed it out. Someone here asked how long does the style last. Well they explained that it lasts for a while,but you have to tie the hair in a downward motion so you can maintain the look. In the morning, they suggested fluffing with your fingers or using a dryer with a nozzle depending on how you want the hair to look and use a bit or the Miss Jessie's buttercreme to moisten the hair. I say use whatever the heck is in your product pantry to moisten your hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I printed out those directions too! Printed the new page...just in case!

would either of you ladies mind adding the old "101" section to you albums???? i never got to see the other one....pretty please???

Back