Curly Pudding sold in the UK?

HairQueen

And will it make my relaxed 4a/4b hair look I have a natural curl following a wash and go?

Please help anyone who has tried it.

Thankyou!

hey im not sure if it is but i think the compant do deliver abroad too. id like to try it too i need something to help me keep curls in without weighing my hair down...

I have 4a/4b natural hair and personally, after trying the pudding- I don't think it's worth the money- try IC sparkelites on wet hair -I did- and got better results without the dent in the pocketbook. :perplexed

natstar said:
I have 4a/4b natural hair and personally, after trying the pudding- I don't think it's worth the money- try IC sparkelites on wet hair -I did- and got better results without the dent in the pocketbook. :perplexed

Thanks Natstar

What is that stuff nevah evah heard of it, what does the IC stand for and where can I buy??

HairQueen said:
Thanks Natstar

What is that stuff nevah evah heard of it, what does the IC stand for and where can I buy??

Walgreens
201275.jpg

Many people comare the two

Try the beauty supply stores in London- ask them if they have it. Also in the states we have it at drugstores, so maybe over there they may have it in the black hair care section of the drugstores. But I think u may have better luck at the beauty supply. Good luck finding it. All I know is that I wouldn't waste my extra dough when u can get a conditioner for cond. wash & a cheaper product (Fantasia IC gel) to give u similar results.

EDITED- I use the Styling Gel, from the pic above-sorry for the confusion :)

Last edited:
Thankyou for your responses ladies.

Just one more question - how do I use it to create a natually curly look? Do Iput it on my hair wet following a shampoo & conditioner? Then what do I do :confused: I just want to create a naturally curly look (with out puff or frizz) so that I can wear my out in a heatless style, I have 4a/4b relaxed hair is this possible?

Maybe try scrunching w/ gel after u wash your hair or something. Also I was in the BSS a few weeks back and came across this product by John Frieda Frizz Ease line called Rippled Effect that creates a textured look on relaxed hair. Also there are threads that come close to what u are looking for so check them out. This is some info I got from one of them
Originally Posted by Tracy
Here's how I do it. Some of the products have changed and what I realized that once you determine your own personal "recipe" you're good to go. For instance - I realized recently that I can get the exact same look - better even - by using only certain gels (L'oreal Anti-Frizz and Lasting Curls) and a good heavy serum. I can do without the JF product now, so I use it when I have and don't when I don't. It's all trial and error, but this should give you a starting point. The point is don't get hung up in the products....just follow the basic recipe and technique and tweak as needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The primary ingredients for a natural looking curl on relaxed hair are: (Tracy)

conditioner

Styling Cream of Gel mixed with serum

Curl spray

Serum

Some people may not need the styling creme or gel and the curl spray together. I can do without the styling creme, or the spray in a pinch for instance. I usually need either spray ir gel or mousse to help encourage the curl tho, no matter what.

The products I use to achieve my curl vary, but for the most part I use the following:

Any leave in or midweight rinse out conditioner will do. Lately, I've had fab results with Sebastian Moisture Base (update: thanks to Southerngirl I use MNT almost exclusively now). Again, any conditioner that you like that isn't too heavy and doesn't have too many cones will work. I wouldn't go for instance with a cholesterol conditioner.

I religiously use and will never give up John Frieda Dream Curls. That's the curl spray that does the trick on my hair. A good gel that has a similar purpose is KMS curling balm (or the two I mentioned in the intro). Either will affect the same results - to encourage and hold the curl in the hair minus crunch (a determining factor for me). If you have a hard time with the sprays and gels some people's hair responds better to non-alcohol mousse. John Frieda's Frizz Ease line has one that is superior. Point? You need something to encourage the curl. To avoid crunch, be sure to use enough serum at the right times in the process.

The styling cremes (I like Salon Selectives Loosely Defined and my favorite is L'oreal UnFrizz Taming Creme) are optional but they give a nice finished look and some control if your hair tends to get too big as it dries.

The serum is key. I've experimented a lot and you need a good thick one. I like Keracare's Silken Seal. It should go after the conditioner and the creme's but before the spray. The product encouraging the curl should be the last to go on.

The rest is in the technique. I lightly wrap a towel around my head after washing just so it's not soaking wet. A minute or two - tops. Then I apply a tablespoon size of conditioner and styling creme or gel mixed with about the same amount of serum. Then I tie my edges with a satiny rectangular shaped scarf (I mention the shape only because it should extend back toward the crown only about 2-3 inches - otherwise the top of the hair will be flat). I leave the scarf on until it's mostly dry and to the area that's left free I apply the curl spray liberally and then the serum.

Then I DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT (can you tell this is important?) until it's 75% dry. It should feel slightly damp but mostly dry to the touch. At that point I lightly gather just the tips of my hair in my fists and squeeze gently. That helps encourage the curl on the strands that aren't going with the flow. It helps to bend over and let gravity help separate the strands from one another to give a nice, full appearance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My EXACT products and combos look like this now: TBS of conditioner, TBS each of Loreal Lasting Curls and Serum mixed together and than a TBS each of AntiFrizz and serum mixed together. I leave the scarf til the end now too, after I've applied all my product. I find I get better coverage this way.

HTH.

Last edited:
Back