Curly Pudding - Curve Salon

Carlie

O.K., I may be the last person on earth
10_3_6.gif
to find out about this curly pudding and curve salon, but these before and after pics are absolutely amazing!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Check them out if you haven't seen them already: Click Here

These pics make doing the BC sound like fun! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess what, Carlie? There is this new thing-a-ma-jig where you put in cold food, press a button, and in a couple minutes the food comes out piping hot! It's called a microwave. Just in case you hadn't heard about it yet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm just being goofy. Yes, you are the last person on earth to find out about Curve Salon. But you are so cute about it, that I just had to think of something to say.
Yeah, those before and after shots are pretty awesome!

(Don't feel bad. I just learned about Creme of Nature shampoo and conditioner this year. I'm on that little island with you.)

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Nay, you are cracking me up! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I was also amazed at how people who didn't seem to have any curl pattern before, had all these pretty curls after having the curly pudding applied.
10_12_2.gif

If that stuff didn't cost an arm and a leg, I might actually buy some to try it out.

The real question, though, is how do the ladies' hair look on days 3 and 4?? Anybody can look good fresh out the stylist's chair!

Nay, that's very true...they mention that they sent everybody home with a jar of Curly Buttercreme... Hey they say that this stuff promotes growth as well!?? ...interesting

this is so funny...I feel like I just discovered the light bulb! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

buttercreme.jpg

MISS JESSIE'S CURLY BUTTERCREME™:
The "PREMIUM ULTIMATE" Moisturizing Butter for Hydrating Dry, Parched Curls...
This luscious preparation instantly coats, plumps and protects your curls, kinks and waves. CURLY BUTTERCREME™ is the essential growth creme.
A daily dab is all you need to ensure long curly locks. Simply marvelous for refreshing MORNING BED-HEAD and FUZZY HAIRLINE EDGES! A "Naturals " favorite for a BUTTERY SOFT 2 STRAND TWIST.

[ QUOTE ]
I was also amazed at how people who didn't seem to have any curl pattern before, had all these pretty curls after having the curly pudding applied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was amazed at that too. I've seen a few of those pictures before but they added a lot of new ones. I wonder what the up keep is like to maintain some of those curly styles for the natural sistas.

I wonder how the buttercreme will work on my edges (thick w. newgrowth)... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

I would love to have some of that stuff but I just CANNOT afford it! Besides, I've seen some people with great looking curls by using drugstore products!

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to have some of that stuff but I just CANNOT afford it! Besides, I've seen some people with great looking curls by using drugstore products!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!! but when i look at the ingredients... i now this is something i will have to try

I actually ordered Curly Pudding this week and am very impressed with it thus far. Though expensive I have to say it's unlike any drugstore product that I've tried - for me it does exactly as it claims: defines/elongates curls, decreases shrinkage somewhat and a big plus for me is that I get a couple of days of wearing my curls without washing and reapplying the product. I'm sold and will post pics soon.

[ QUOTE ]
I actually ordered Curly Pudding this week and am very impressed with it thus far. Though expensive I have to say it's unlike any drugstore product that I've tried - for me it does exactly as it claims: defines/elongates curls, decreases shrinkage somewhat and a big plus for me is that I get a couple of days of wearing my curls without washing and reapplying the product. I'm sold and will post pics soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow!!! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your pics. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
O.K., I may be the last person on earth
10_3_6.gif
to find out about this curly pudding and curve salon, but these before and after pics are absolutely amazing!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, ur not the last person..... cause I am!! I've seen the Curve signs (there's one 2 blocks away from my home), but I didn't know what it was /images/graemlins/hammer.gif .

Those pics on the site look AMAZING! I'd like to try the Curly Pudding, but I'm toooo cheap... I mean frugal /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyi, on curve: i get my hair texturized there (i think i am still up on maybe the last page of before/afters) but what's important to know about their pics is that they ask you to come to the salon with your hair clean and with NO PRODUCTS in it. in other words, un-styled (imagine what your hair wd look like if you shampooed/conditioned it but didn't put in any leave-in, gel, oil, etc., at all). as a result my hair looked way less curly in the first "before" pic than it actually used to look in real life pre-texturizer. in fact when my hair was 100% natural and i was wearing twist-outs, etc, or just my moisturized natural curls people used to ask me if i had a texturizer all the time. i used to get all defensive about it, like, "NO i do not have a texturizer! my hair is NATURAL!" /images/graemlins/angry2.gif LOL--now i *do* have a texturizer and most people who don't know assume my hair is natural. go figure. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

ANYWAY, so while curly pudding *is* a great product, one reason the before/after pics are so dramatic is that in the 'before' pics, many people's hair is dry and unmoisturized, w/ maximum shrinkage (mine certainly was).

I ordered a tub of CP but I've only used it once so far. I guess I still need to experiment with it but I didn't like how it left my hair the one time I've used it. Granted I did diffuse-dry my hair when I used it so I don't know if that was a factor, but my hair was way more frizzy and shrunken than when I do the same routine using CurlKeeper & BnS Creamy Set. I'll have to try it while air-drying and see if it works better.

[ QUOTE ]
I ordered a tub of CP but I've only used it once so far. I guess I still need to experiment with it but I didn't like how it left my hair the one time I've used it. Granted I did diffuse-dry my hair when I used it so I don't know if that was a factor, but my hair was way more frizzy and shrunken than when I do the same routine using CurlKeeper & BnS Creamy Set. I'll have to try it while air-drying and see if it works better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of CurlKeeper or BnS Creamy Set. Who makes them? And where can I get them? BSS? Target/Walmart? Walgreens?

Thanks in advance!
/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

Back