Curly Girl Challenge for naturals/texlaxed

• Thread starter Thread starter cieramichele
  • Start date Start date
C

cieramichele

Well, some of you follow this already. For those that don't, feel free to join me! I think this would help the newly naturals or those who want to control their frizz.

I was surfing the net and came across a thread on naturally curly
These girls have a TOTAL transformation when it comes to their natural curls. Being that my hair is really frizzy, I decided to try this. Basically, its just keeping it SIMPLE.

Rules
1. NO SHAMPOO!
2. No heat
3. No brushes
4. No silicones (:rolleyes:whatever)
5. Do NOT touch your hair while its drying (causes frizz)

When?
Start whenever but update us as you see fit. Make sure you have a before picture. We will do this until December 1st I guess.

This challenge is strict
Please post your reggie.

Detangling
Bi weekly detangling allowed but finger combing is VERY encouraged. If you must use denman or a wide tooth comb, use it with tons of conditioner in your hair or while the water is running through your hair.

Cleansing
One shampoo allowance for buildup once a month. If you see that buildup is a problem, switch conditioners,use less conditioner, or skip a day of conditioning to just use water. Of course conditioners with cones/mineral oil/petrolatum in it may be a problem.Use conditioner to clean your scalp. You may add things like baking soda or apple cider vinegar to clean the scalp/hair but don't do this too often. If you MUST shampoo, put conditioner on the length of the hair about 2 inches away from your scalp and THEN shampoo.

Tip*
All natural conditioners like giovanni are great for cleaning the scalp.
You may use oils and growth aids. You may deep condition & steam. Salt has been said to enhance the curl pattern also. Try not to use a towel to dry your hair. Use an old T-shirt or scarf to plop or shake out the water. Use low pressure water to wash out the conditioner. Shingling is a good way to start this challenge. It gives you a jump start on your curls. The main focus is WATER & CONDITIONER. Gel optional.

My reggie
Co washing with tresemme and joico.
Moe gro every night
coconut oil whenever

Last edited by a moderator:
Back