Curlmart won't be getting my business

HanaKuroi

I do not believe Curlmart uses a climate controlled storage facility to store their inventory.

In the past year products that I know and love have strange and separated consistencies when I buy them from Curlmart. I have ordered the same products during the same time of year directly from the vendors themselves or Sage and no issues with quality.

Oyin Handmade Hair dew was strange and lotiony with no smell. I made a thread about it. It should be smooth and white with a super sugary smell and slightly oily.

Curl Junkie Banana Hibiscus curdled, lumpy and separated. It should not be separated and curdled.

Darcy's Botanicals Cocoa Bean Smoothing Cream curdled and separated into tiny lumps. It should be smooth and slippery like lotion. I had to rub it in my hands to get it to come together.

I think it may be a storage issue. Curlmart is difficult to deal with when returning items. I have 3 bottles of the Darcy's that I just purchased during one of their recent sales. I am unhappy with Curlmart and their customer service and the hoops they make you jump through to get a replacement.

I need another vendor in addition to Sage. Any suggestions?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Kinky4Agirl said:
Sorry to hear about your mishaps... What's wrong with Amazon for all your product needs?

Curl Junkie, Darcy's Botanicals, Oyin Handmade and Bask aren't available through Amazon.

I do use Amazon for Mill Creek and Giovanni's.

I second Hattache. Ordered on Black Friday. Had my products at my doorstep on Monday.

They double check all dates before shipping out anything too.

Thanks for this post @HanaKuroi

Have you ever tried aveyou for Darcy's botanicals and Curl Junkie? I've heard they have good customer service.
I will be ordering via oyin direct next time I need to repurchase hair dew.

Sorry this happened and its not my first time hearing of this issue with curlmart either! The ladies are giving you great suggestions, I have nothing to add.

myronnie said:
Thanks for this post @HanaKuroi

Have you ever tried aveyou for Darcy's botanicals and Curl Junkie? I've heard they have good customer service.
I will be ordering via oyin direct next time I need to repurchase hair dew.

I have not tried aveyou. I wonder how fast their shipping is?

I buy the liter sizes from Oyin and Curl Junkie. When you order direct from Oyin it is fresh!

Buying direct from Darcy's takes forever and a day. Not as long as Soultanicals.

I will check out both Hattache and Aveyou.

IDareT'sHair said:
@HanaKuroi

How could I forget AveYou? :wallbash:

$1.00 shipping over $50.00 (which is fast btw) and FIVE gets you an automatic 15%

$1 shipping? I usually spend at least $50.

Is FIVE a coupon code?

Curl Junkie, Darcy's Botanicals, Oyin Handmade and Bask aren't available through Amazon.

I do use Amazon for Mill Creek and Giovanni's.

Curl Junkie, Darcy's Botanicals and Oyin Handmade are available through Amazon. I checked a couple days ago since I now have Amazon prime.

DoDo said:
Curl Junkie, Darcy's Botanicals and Oyin Handmade are available through Amazon. I checked a couple days ago since I now have Amazon prime.

Is it direct from them? I know that a while ago Oyin was selling through Amazon but their prices were higher. Then they stopped selling through Amazon. Now that they are selling through them the only other problem is using their coupon codes.

Let me go and double check.

Thanks!

DoDo said:

Darcy's and Curl junkie are sold by aveyou through amazon. I am not sure how to apply the coupon or the code.

Oyin is sold direct by Oyin but again I am unsure about the coupon codes.

They are not eligible for prime. :(

I agree, I got Oyin Hair Dew from CM and it arrived spoiled. It smelled like sour milk and they had to send me a new bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've never ordered my beloved Hair Dew from Oyin. Only from Curlmart. I know that sounds silly. But now I wonder if it's even more wonderful directly from the source.

You all now have me paranoid. I've ordered 2 hair dews from Curlmart. The first was fine. I haven't opened the second

Hmm, I ordered one Hair Dew from Curlmart and it was fine. Thanks for the warning though. I'd rather order from somewhere where the products stay consistent.

This is interesting. I ordered Oyin Greg juice from them and did notice it seemed a little more cloudy than I remember. I ordered Darcy's vanilla daily leave in and it barely has a scent. I also ordered directly from DB the juicy peach daily leave in and it has a good strong scent. I too was thinking these items have been on the shelf for a while.

Now that you mention it, I ordered some Darcys twist butter from them 2 years ago and it had zero scent. Never placed the correlation between this texas heat and my products being scentless. I'd definitely call them or email them. The warehouse has never been hot the few times I've gone, but I still think you should make them aware of whats going on. They're super nice people.

AyannaDivine said:
Now that you mention it, I ordered some Darcys twist butter from them 2 years ago and it had zero scent. Never placed the correlation between this texas heat and my products being scentless. I'd definitely call them or email them. The warehouse has never been hot the few times I've gone, but I still think you should make them aware of whats going on. They're super nice people.

They are not helpful with online orders. Ogoma had a recent bad experience.

I don't have anything to add other than I suggest contacting the brands directly to let them know of the service you're receiving from curlmart.com. I know it's a way for the smaller companies to get there brands to a larger consumer, but at what cost?!

Sorry to hear of the issue. HHJ!

They are not helpful with online orders. Ogoma had a recent bad experience.

:perplexed wow, I guess their customer service has gone downhill.
Too bad BGLH Marketplace shut down, i used to get a lot of stuff from them.

HanaKuroi

This is a Black vendor http://www.nyenzo.com/ similar to CM, they have flat rate shipping. When I perused their FB and Twitter it looks like they have good sales for Independence, Thanksgiving and X-Mas Day.

They carry Oyin, QB and other lines. In the future, I plan on giving them a try.

ETA: Free shipping over $50.00.

^ That's good to know. Thanks.

Also, Oyin will be sold at Target in the spring.

http://www.curlyhue.com/2013/10/oyin-handmade-to-arrive-at-target.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tumblr_mjrink2ZlJ1s8czzko1_500.gif

I just placed an order and hope everything is good order. I will inspect it immediately. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've heard this either but accepted the risk anyway.

Back