Curling Iron Recommendations

wyldcurlz

...I'm looking for a few good curling irons. I need at least 2 barrel sizes (one huge & one medium.) I want one that can put a curl in "our hair" and hold a curl. But isn't going to damage my hair like crazy or pull it out when I run the iron through my hair. Please tell me someone can recommend/shout-out their favorite curling iron!!!

I know this is going to sound strange, but...

I have all kinds of curling irons, reg. & ceramic, large & small, expensive & cheap.

The best ones by far for my hair have been the Conair reg. plates!

I know, those cheap things!

But they have never burned, pulled, or anything crazy like that. They get hot (they have temp control), and curl my thick hair nicely.

I am very pleased with & always go back to them.

Have you considered using Caruso Steam rollers? It sets your hair with non drying,damaging steam. You can use them every day and it eliminates damage from daily curling iron use. Bests!

Curlee_lurker said:
I love my CHI. It's the only curling iron that actually leaves a curl in my hair.
ITA. I didn't like the idea of paying $100+ for it, so I bought mine on eBay. I love this curling iron.

I have 2 Vidal Sassoon Ceramic irons from Target and they are the best curling irons I've ever had. They were 14.99 a piece and they have temperature controls. My curls stay all day. I have one large one and one small one. I also have a waver from this line that works good. Everytime I tried to get the flat iron it was sold out.

Last edited:
SerenityBreeze said:
Have you considered using Caruso Steam rollers? It sets your hair with non drying,damaging steam. You can use them every day and it eliminates damage from daily curling iron use. Bests!

Serenity - i'm definitely considering Caruso Steam rollers. they don't damage your hair???? really??? how? and how long does a set last? you can really use them daily without damage??? i'm looking for an alternative to flat-iron/press-n-curl...maybe this could be it?
also - check you pm.

thanks

Back