Curlies-----what do yours look like?

Um, your curl is beautiful Ayanna. I see nothing wrong with it. I doubt your hair will look jheri curl-ish once you're fully natural.

[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:
Um, your curl is beautfiul Ayanna. I see nothing wrong with it. I doubt your hair will look jheri curl-ish once you're fully natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ my little lonely curl! Thanks S&S and everyone else for the encouragement!
kiss.gif
I think I'm just my own worst critic, which is usually the case w/ everyone! I'm going to NY next month, and I'm making an appointment at Curve Salon. I'm seriously considering letting them cut the rest of the perm off so I can just deal with my natural hair. I'll let you all know what I decide.
smile.gif

And BTW, everyone here has very pretty hair. Keep up the good work ladies!
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:
Um, your curl is beautfiul Ayanna. I see nothing wrong with it. I doubt your hair will look jheri curl-ish once you're fully natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ my little lonely curl! Thanks S&S and everyone else for the encouragement!
kiss.gif
I think I'm just my own worst critic, which is usually the case w/ everyone! I'm going to NY next month, and I'm making an appointment at Curve Salon. I'm seriously considering letting them cut the rest of the perm off so I can just deal with my natural hair. I'll let you all know what I decide.
smile.gif

up.gif
up.gif
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayana,

I bet they will hook you up really well if you let them cut it. Their cuts are usu. really nice. I see all that new growth, your hair is going to look fabulous!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
**Sigh** I'm having a bad day ladies. Your hair sounds so pretty, and I don't have many curls at all yet! My hair just wave up all over, and the few curls that I get in the back are fairly wide in diameter, almost like a magic marker. The back is the closest to natural, but who knows what it's going to look like when I get rid of the rest of the relaxer. I'm just afraid that I'm doing all this transitioning and I'm going to end up with what looks like a jheri curl! (No offense to anyone
look.gif
) It really sort of depresses me! I added a pick of one of my curls to my album and cropped it so you guys can see just what I mean...
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH? LOL. Ayana, your hair looks great! The curl that I see in your album looks spirally to me. Everybody has different curl patterns and you may just end up with a "s" type curl. I gotta pull up the LOIS system to better explain it--> will pm you later this evening
smile.gif
. Don't worry, you're not gonna look like someone with a jheri curl
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, b/c I really don't understand the whole hair typing thing, and when I look at other people's full head of coils and curls, I don't know, I guess I kinda of get discouraged. I've been wearing this bun all these months, and I'm really not sure what my curls are going to look like! I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it does ask what everyone's curls look like, and I really don't know!
confused.gif
My curls are not as tight as many 4's describe their's, but my hair doesn't look the same texture to me as many 3's. Anybody else feel that way???

[/ QUOTE ]

You described me. I don't even bother to tell people because sometimes my texture looks a lot like yours and when I see shed hairs, those hairs are closer to pencil width than pen spring or coffee stirrer. But all together, it looks like a big glob of something strange.

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:

[/ QUOTE ]

kiss.gif
smile.gif

up.gif
up.gif
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why I hate going right outside after I do a shake n go. The products glistening in the sun makes it look like I have tons of activator in my hair
laugh.gif

Ayanapooh, good luck with whatever you decide next month! You'll get there one way or the other so don't be discouraged at all. Your hair looks great in the pics and sure enough, you'll have a better idea of what your curls look like once the relaxed ends are gone. Like Tai said you may even have more than one texture so you may be even more surprised. Good luck with your hair journey!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
Depending on where you look on my head, mine are the size of straws or pencils. A large bit is not curly but wavy instead.

My hair becomes wavy when wet (some part of it may become springy instead of curly when wet).

If my hair is combed out dry I think it would become fluff(never tried to do it). I haven't straightened my hair with a pressing comb or flat iron so I couldn't tell you about that. When I have done a rollerset it is shiny and bouncy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I would describe my hair and I'm not sure what my type is...maybe a 3b/c
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair is the same except I would add that I have two straight pieces in the front of my head (with a head full of curly hair) that looks just awful.

Well, I'm transitioning (I think), and so far I think I'm mostly 4a. Whenever I let my hair air dry loose (not in a ponytail or braids or anything), the natural part of my hair shrinks up something fierce! My hair looks about collarbone or just barely past shoulder when I airdry like that--if I blowdry it, or just pull a lock down as much as I can, it reaches armpit length. The thing is, my hair is still mostly relaxed, only a few inches are natural at the root. So I have super tight little pen spring coilies
smile.gif
Only the very front and very back near the nape don't coil as much. Those sections tend to just be super wavy and sometimes in the back bigger curls. I actually think the front grows in wavy because I wear my hair pulled back a lot, and the front is used to being pulled straight. Just a theory
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
**Sigh** I'm having a bad day ladies. Your hair sounds so pretty, and I don't have many curls at all yet! My hair just wave up all over, and the few curls that I get in the back are fairly wide in diameter, almost like a magic marker. The back is the closest to natural, but who knows what it's going to look like when I get rid of the rest of the relaxer. I'm just afraid that I'm doing all this transitioning and I'm going to end up with what looks like a jheri curl! (No offense to anyone
look.gif
) It really sort of depresses me! I added a pick of one of my curls to my album and cropped it so you guys can see just what I mean...
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayana - do not worry! My hair looks just like that. But I had hair in the back that broke off so it was all natural for many months and it curls like nobody's business! I bet once you get rid of the relaxed ends, you are going to love your hair!

[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
Depending on where you look on my head, mine are the size of straws or pencils. A large bit is not curly but wavy instead.

My hair becomes wavy when wet (some part of it may become springy instead of curly when wet).

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds a lot like my hair too
smile.gif

Back