Curlformers question?

IntoMyhair

Which lengths & colors are good for armpit length hair?
Also which is good to use for setting the hair?
Setting lotion, wrapping form, or a leave in and some oil?

TIA Ladys.

oooh, good questions! I want to get some today but I'm all confused on which size I should get. Somebody PLEASE help us!

TIA Ladys.

Curlformers - bringing back the fun!

In Use
Curlformers are very flexible, creative tools. Play with them!
Curlformers are very easy to use on yourself or on someone else.
You can curl the entire length of your hair, or just a section, very easily.
Curlformers automatically control frizz, and Extra-Wide Curlformers are great for taming hair with strong natural waves.
Curlformers gives you the choice to have exactly the curls you want, where you want them. For example: a few curls on each side of the head gives a romantic style, or a layer of curls on top of a layer of uncurled hair gives that big curl look without having to have big hair.
The amount of hold you get is dependant only on the amount and type of product you use.
Curlformers give perfectly defined curls, whether you have straight or wavy hair.
Extra Wide Curlformers are particularly good for defining natural curls.
Curlformers do the work for you, because you don't wrap the hair. You just get perfect curls everytime.
Curlformers take on average a third of the time to apply than other curlers, delivering your perfect curl style in record time.
Curlformers are not heated, so you may either dry the hair under a hairdryer, or leave to air dry. Hair in Curlformers dries quickly, as the hair is not wrapped on itself.
You can sleep in Curlformers - they're actually quite comfortable!
Curlformers are made of high specification rubber and advanced thermoformed Nylon 66 plastic, so will last a very long time and are hygenic.
You choose what styling product to use with Curlformers - all types of holding products work exceptionally well with this tool.
Curlformers can be used on all types of hair, hair extensions, even dreadlocks!
Perming with Curlformers
Yes, you can perm with Curlformers. All the perm products we've tested do no damage to the Curlformers themselves.
We strongly advise that you practice on something other than a person first. Since this is a new tool, you need to get used to how long each part of the perm process will take you, and also how much solution you need to apply etc. This will be dependant on the perm you choose to use, as well as hair type and all the other normal factors involved in judging perms. Once you've got the hang of perming with Curlformers, its a real pleasure!

Sizes
Curlformers come in a range to suit lengths of hair and desired style.

Short & Wide:
For typical curls on shorter hair.
Short & Narrow:
For ringlet curls on shorter hair.
Long & Wide:
For typical curls on up to shoulder length hair.
Long & Narrow:
For ringlet curls on up to shoulder length hair.
Long & Extra Wide:
For barrel curls on up to shoulder length hair.
Extra Long & Wide:
For typical curls on longer than shoulder length hair.

Rotation
Curlformers come in 2 colours in each size.
One colour rotates clockwise, the other colour rotates anti-clockwise.

Both colours of Curlformers used in equal amounts randomly across a head of hair give a natural style.
Using Curlformers all of one colour on a head of hair gives a funky, futuristic style.
Using Curlformers in one colour on one side of the head, and the other colour on the other side of the head, gives a very cute style.
Using clusters of Curlformers of the same colour next to each other, allows you to comb the resulting curls together.

TIA Ladys.
I believe it is always good to go with the curlformer that is longer than your hair so when it grows you don't have to go back to Sallys to buy longer one. So I would say you should probably get the Extra Long & Wide. QueenT has BSL hair and those worked for her. She used Lang & Narrow but her hair was a little to long for those.

Lang & Narrow (8 Curlformers per pack) $10.99
Extra Long & Wide (6 Curlformers per pack) $12.99

So far many have used different products to set their hair.

Naturallady - used some Oyins Whipped Shea on my hair while it was wet and on each section I put Elasta QP Design Foam. And a water spray bottle to wet hair.

SouthernTease- used equal parts Giovanni Direct & Water in spray bottle (that's it)

QueenT - used Lacio Lacio and water to set and after my hair was dry (30-45 min. under dryer), I used ORS moisturizing lotion when I separated the curls (to add extra sheen) This time, she used a mixture of ORS Wrap/Set Foam, water, and castor oil in a spray bottle to set. She really didn't like the foam, made my hair kinda rough. I'll stick to Lacio for future sets

froggie08- use NTM lotion and Fanstsia serum and water bottle

Sorry, I am a Curlformer stalker!!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen::lachen:

I will post pics soon, I need to buy two more packs.

I believe it is always good to go with the curlformer that is longer than your hair so when it grows you don't have to go back to Sallys to buy longer one. So I would say you should probably get the Extra Long & Wide. QueenT has BSL hair and those worked for her. She used Lang & Narrow but her hair was a little to long for those.

Lang & Narrow (8 Curlformers per pack) $10.99
Extra Long & Wide (6 Curlformers per pack) $12.99

So far many have used different products to set their hair.

Naturallady - used some Oyins Whipped Shea on my hair while it was wet and on each section I put Elasta QP Design Foam. And a water spray bottle to wet hair.

SouthernTease- used equal parts Giovanni Direct & Water in spray bottle (that's it)

QueenT - used Lacio Lacio and water to set and after my hair was dry (30-45 min. under dryer), I used ORS moisturizing lotion when I separated the curls (to add extra sheen) This time, she used a mixture of ORS Wrap/Set Foam, water, and castor oil in a spray bottle to set. She really didn't like the foam, made my hair kinda rough. I'll stick to Lacio for future sets

froggie08- use NTM lotion and Fanstsia serum and water bottle

Sorry, I am a Curlformer stalker!!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen::lachen:

I will post pics soon, I need to buy two more packs.

Thanks for this and the pm. This is all the info that i need to get started.

Back