Curlformers for Canadian Chicks (yes another CF thread)

AfroKink

Has anyone had success buying them in Canada yet?

On their website it says they're stocked in Canada in a store in Whitby and one in Brampton. Problem is I don't have a car and therefore don't go places TTC can't take me.

Their website also says "If a store does not have Curlformers in stock, they will be happy to order them" Yet two ladies have posted that sales people in stores say that the government wont allow any Sally's stores in Canada to stock them.:perplexed:wallbash:

I can wait till I move to the states in three months, but that's in three months lol. And I could get my parents to send them to me, but they'd freak over the price.

Anyways, has anyone had success buying them in Canada or getting a non-Brampton/Whitby store to stock them?

I might call stores on Monday and see what's going on.

Lys

Actually,
another member told me over the weekend that Brampton does have them, so i'm driving up there in an hour to go get some.
I called them 20 minutes ago, to make sure the had the long wide ones, and i told them to put a couple of packages on hold for me.

I'll tell you if i'm successful!
lol.
and yeah. i'll drive to the ends of the earth (whitby) to try these things out.
lol

Oh wait. your question was for the non Brampton/Whitby stores.
nope, the store by me (the stockyards) does not carry them, neither does the Islington location... i called.. and they didn't even know curlformers existed in Canada... they were just as excited as I was to hear about them here...

Yes, it appears Brampton does have them. I'm trying to see if the Brampton store will transfer some to the store on Sinclair. I should know if they'll do it by tomorrow. If they can't, I've already talked one of my friends into driving me to Brampton. DON'T BUY THE STORE OUT! :lachen:

How did you decide on long&wide? I don't know if I should get those, or the long&narrow...

Lys

I live in Whitby and I did not see them in the store over here. Go train is always an option, if they cannot send them to the store close to you.

Can you ladies please list the prices when you do find them, I'm going cross boarder shopping in April, want to came pare prices..thanks in advance :grin:

wooot a Canadian threadd :)
But I live in BC, and its even worse to get black hair products over here. There killing me with the prices.

It's hard isn't it? I here the ladies on here rave about something. I go to the store to find it's sold only in the US :wallbash:

Lys

try living in Sask its even worse here

*MissAlyssa thanks her parents for moving away from the prairies* lol

Well, it looks like a black beauty supply chain with stores across the nation would be a good niche market for any of you business inclined ladies.

Lys

Ok, so I went to get them yesterday, I was in curlformer heaven.
No. I haven't used em yet... i'm kinda feeling guilty for this purchase... lol

Anyway, here are the prices.
I got 1 pack of Extra Wide/Extra Long for the back, i'm about an inch from brastrap, so I figure If i keep these and use them for the summer, i can just grow into that pack... 17.99$ (16.59 with discount card)

2 packs of long and wide 15.19$ (13.79 w/dc)

1 curlformer hook 5.59 (4.19w/dc)

and one bottle of proclaim glossing polish-that stuff (serum) is good for soft/shiny curls when rollersetting, etc-on sale for 6.69.

I also used the Sally's 15% discount coupon I found here on LHCF, and it was honoured, so all in all my purchase with everything was only 54 bucks, taxes included.

I'll tell you guys how it all works out, or if I end up with curlformers remorse... lol

How did it go metro_qt?

The Salley's on Sinclair ordered them in as per my request. I have 4 packs of the long & narrow and a rod/hook on hold. I hope 4 packs is enough.

So if your Salley's doesn't have them, and you really want to try, go ahead and ask them to order some in for you.

Lys

:wallbash:Sally's...

I asked for setting lotion, and one of the sales reps showed me some brand that was full of 'bad' ingredients. I asked if other brands have setting lotions, she said 'no'. I think she was trying to sell me the 'black' products, because the bottle was on the bottom shelf beside the Queen Helen (sp?) Placenta something, and when I looked around there were 'white' products with setting lotions. :wallbash:

So although they put 4 packs of long&narrow on 'hold' for me... they didn't actually have any on hold, never got any in, and there's no stock in the warehouse:wallbash:

Curlformers cost almost twice as much in Canada as they do in the US:wallbash:

The kit costs $82.99 + tax. I ended up getting it for $65 because the sales rep felt bad that I came out expecting to get something on the basis of another reps words, the box was nearly destroyed (all of them were), she gave me a free discount card, and I had that 15% off coupon.

I tried them out in a section of my hair to see how it would work. I let them aire dry over night, I don't have a drier. Those things are not easy to sleep on, but it was much more comfortable than flexirods.

It went pretty well. I used too much IC gel in some spots and my hair is white in those areas:wallbash: Next time I'll be sure to use less. Today I'm going to throw on a head wrap, and see what happens to the curled parts. I think it will be akin to sleeping on them. I'm going to do my full head on Friday or Saturday, then I'll post pics :yep:

If I end up buying the long&narrow, it will be when I'm in the States

Lys

Last edited:
Back