Curl Gel-les'c (pronounced Curl Jealousy) Anyone used it?

SheenaVee

It's a product by the Curls line.

Here's the description on the bottle: It isn’t a gel, and not quite a serum it’s Curl Gel-les’c (pronounced Curl Jealousy). This botanically based, organic curl styler imparts brilliant sheen, banishes frizz, and holds those twirls in place! Great for humid climates. Transform dry frizzy locks into the enviable curls that every woman dreams of, with Curl Gel-les’c. Go ahead, your curls deserve it!

I bought it yesterday from a shop on Stroud Green Road (not Paks) - just giving the name of the road for all the London ladies - and used it this morning when I was getting ready for work.

***​

My Review?

LOVE it! Seriously, it's so good! Defined my curls perfectly - no frizz, and great hold. I dried my hair with a hairdryer and diffuser and my hair dried soft, yet still perfectly defined, with bounce and swing! I was swinging my hair all day at work today lol. Shrinkage was the same as usual though. My hair is past APL now but shrinks to like, shoulder. I don't mind the shrinkage though. Oh, and it smells nice, kinda like sweets (candy), but if you're not fond of that scent, it's really mild and basically disappears after a while as your hair dries.
So all in all, the product, for me, does exactly what it says it will do.

It would probably become a staple for me if...

Bad Point

...it wasn't so expensive! It cost me £11.99. The bottle is friggin' tiny. Only 8oz. It's nearly finished and that's from one application of it. :ohwell: And honestly, I really tried not to be heavy handed. It's sort of slippery so it spreads on your hair easily but an 8oz bottle is just too small. There's a tiny bit left that will definitely not cover my whole head again, so basically, I paid £11.99 for one application.

So overall, I loved it, but the price... :nono:. I'm a poor university student, I can't afford that! lol. I'll probably just buy it as a treat or something every once in a while, and stick to good, cheap ole IC. lol.

***​

Anyone else used it? What did you think of it?

I Liked it too but like you said, it's way too expensive to use on a regular basis. I make sure to use it on soaking wet hair. That way I use less product

I liked it, but I prefer the Curls Milkshake.

I thought it was expensive too, but for me a little goes a very long way. If I used too much, my hair would get heavy and sticky. Maybe you could try using a conditioner/leave-in underneath?

It made my hair super shiny, gave me nice curl definition for a while but then at the end of the day my hair turned frizzy, but that's probably because of the glycerin in the product.
It says it's "gel-less" but if you don't like gel, you might not like this product either. My hair became a little crunchy and stiff, like with gel, and I had more shrinkage than usual. I like my hair to be a little fluffy.. So I like the Milkshake better.

I was sent a sample by Curls to do a YT review and I really liked it. There are 4 women in my house and they all have long hair so buying a $26 bottle of gel is committing suicide to my wallet LOL I had to hide my precious bottle. I didn't purchase again because I found Pro Styler black gel to give me great curl definition at only $2.00 a jar.

I like it too. I had one of my best twistouts from it.

Did you know the CurlyQ line has the same product for 18 vs. 25 bucks? I used both and saw no difference. I believe the ingredients are the same too.

I like it too. I had one of my best twistouts from it.

Did you know the CurlyQ line has the same product for 18 vs. 25 bucks? I used both and saw no difference. I believe the ingredients are the same too.

Yeah, the one I got was actually the CurlyQ one. I don't think there's a difference at all. It was the same description as the Curls one, except it had something about using it on your child.

Thanks for the responses btw!

I have two sample sizes of this stuff, but I dont wanna waste it using the wrong technique...OP did you use a leave in underneath it?

Sort of. I left a little conditioner in my hair. And then, the next day I sprayed a bit of leave in in my hair to refresh it, and put a bit more in.

I tried it and it was ok. I am not a big glycerin fan though. I do love the shampoo and conditioner on the site though.

I'm glad it worked out for you guys. As for me, I tried their samples a few years ago and my curly hair just did not like them at all. :nono:My hair started coming out in strings.
I'm 100% natural - chemical free.
I would highly recommend that first time users of her products conduct a quick strand test first to be on the safe side.

I set my hair with this on Wednesday and I'm about to wash it out right now. I do not like. I'm glycerin sensitive and this product was no exception in my hair. I basically liked the look of my hair (reminds me of my hair when I use conditioner only styling), but this stuff made my hair feel like hay or straw. At night when it was dewy out, my hair softened up but in the day time when there is low dew; dry as the desert. So, I will not be repurchasing this. It gives me the look of conditioner only styling but with major dryness. Why spend $25 when I can get the same thing for $5 and no dry feeling...

I tried and did not like. I have a long curl pattern and I think I need products that dry light enough for my hair to shrink up and have some sort of ringlet/spring action. This stuff had my hair looking like wet Ramen noodles. No bueno. :ohwell:

I do like the Curls Milkshake, though.

Back