Curious...Any ladies on the board w/curls, Wave Nouveau, etc.?

nakialovesshoes

When I 1st started researching being relaxer free there was this new type of Wave Nouveau that was out that would allow you to wear you hair straight sometime. I contemplated growing out my relaxer & getting one. I'm just curious - are there any ladies on the board that have curls?

That one you're referring to is the Wave Nouveau Coiffure one, which lets you go straight or curly. But I can't recall seeing anyone on here with it, but BHM do have a section for those who have curls, but not so many posts on it though.

bumping
im curious too. I went to a hair show for this, but the model they used has 2b hair :ohwell:, so i couldn't gauge how well it works:nono:. The pics in the ads look nice:yep:

Nakia,

Dont do it. Once when I was natural I opted for the Wave Noveau Coiffure..Im 3c/4a/b...

Did not like it..It was too much like a curl to me. Felt like a curl, smelled like activator ...SO didnt like it:nono: I was a HAM

Perhaps, the application itself wasnt the best..

Hopefully others chime in..

Nakia,

Dont do it. Once when I was natural I opted for the Wave Noveau Coiffure..Im 3c/4a/b...

Did not like it..It was too much like a curl to me. Felt like a curl, smelled like activator ...SO didnt like it:nono: I was a HAM

Perhaps, the application itself wasnt the best..

Hopefully others chime in..

Thanks. I wasn't planning to do it anymore. I was just curious were there any ladies on here who had them. But I do have a question (or 2) for you. What size rods did you use when you were getting it done? Did you still have to baggy? Did you transition when you decided not to get it anymore or did you just start all over & cut it all off? TIA...

I had this done on my daughter's hair 17yrs ago. BIG MISTAKE.
You still have to treat it like a "curl" and the transition stage was a 8itch!

She had BML hair, w/o the curl and the curl was simply georgous; however, any other look and trasitioning was a total nightmare for us, and as a mother an embarassment for me.

Back