Crunchy tangled hair section.

StarFish106

Hello ladies

For the past few months I had been wearing my hair in braidouts with co-washing 1-2x a week. My regular wash day is on Sat. This past weekend I flat ironed my hair (I am 12 wks post this thursday) and noticed a weird section that is poofy in the middle. The root has it's normal wave of NG and the ends are normal. It's the middle that is hard and wants to tangle. I had noticed it the last few times I did a braid out but it never tangled. When I flat ironed (with a heat protectant) that is when it got special.

Nothing broke off but I don't know why it did this. I try not to touch it much and I have flat ironed my hair like 6x since Dec 07. I have had a reg blow dryer on my hair 4x since dec (2 were at the hairdressers and 2 were @ home but not since Feb). I use my Pibbs for drying my braidouts.

Has anyone experienced this? What can I do to soften it back to normal? I DC after all 'poo washes and even some co-washes. The cuticle feels rough and dry but it will lay down. I am at a loss. Outside of my normal shedding, I am not having major breakage. With my hair in braidouts, the only time I combed it i would be right before a wash to get the shed hair out.

I will be putting braids in over the holiday weekend so a part of me is just like hold on till I put you away for the summer. But any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

sorry, cant really help. i'm transitioning so my hair overall has a bunch of weird spots - lol. but i'm bumping for u!!!!!!!!

Back