Crunchy Ends on my Twist Out Set

starfish

I have relaxed hair and last week I sat under the dryer with a twist out do to make my hair wavy. I loved the way it came out, except for my ends. They were frizzy. I don't know if it's how I set my hair or if they weren't completely dry when I went to sleep because the hair is hanging below my dryer. (I have almost BSL and a pibbs)

I put a barrett at the end of each twist to keep the twist closed, so the part that was below the twist is what got a lil frizzy. On some of the twisted ends, I tried to do a mini pin curl roll and put the barrett on the end of that. I couldn't tell the difference though. I don't want to use rollers on the end because my hair might curl too much.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do at the bottom of the twist to keep that hair smooth? I put Black Castor Oil on my ends all the time so they're healthy, so maybe I should put extra when I set my hair this way.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

That used to happen to me too. I can usually tell when I'm twisting that it's looking alittle frizzified so I almost wrap the twist as iff you're doing a regular wrap and then put bobby pins that at the very ends of the twists. You want to place them carefully because you don't want them to get weird kinks and turns in them, and clip them as near to the end as you can. Since they're laying on your head you can do it. I would make it literally like a wrap because then you're risking have them sticking up, but just trying to lay them straight as naturally as possible. Then wrap it up over night, or put on your bonnet and the next morning your ends should be smooth.

You could also do flat twists. You will still have the problem at the very end, but that won't be a majority of your ends, so it should be alright.
Hair blessings!

Back