Crown & Glory Challenge '07

Bosslady1

Hi everyone,

Starting this weekend I will be doing the Crown and Glory method until September of this year.

Any takers?

I would like to, but I do not want to do braids until the summer, can I do weaves or wigs instead? with cornrows underneath?

would this be similar to the wigs, weaves, extensions challenge?

I would like to join in....im planning on getting braids/micros put in sometime this month(maybe next week/weekend)...so im all up for it...

yea im going to be doing weaves and wigs probably in between my weeks off from the braids..

luckymonkey1307 said:
I would like to, but I do not want to do braids until the summer, can I do weaves or wigs instead? with cornrows underneath?

would this be similar to the wigs, weaves, extensions challenge?

As long as you have your real hair braided, any style is alright.

bluediamond0829 said:
I would like to join in....im planning on getting braids/micros put in sometime this month(maybe next week/weekend)...so im all up for it...

yea im going to be doing weaves and wigs probably in between my weeks off from the braids..

As long as your real hair is braided, and free of constant manipulation, your in!

I'm in! I've just taken my hair out, and will be putting it back in in a couple of weeks!

I'm already doing this but soon as I get my lacefront hooked up I will switch on and off. 2 months braids. One month lacefront.

Alright, so far we have:

• Bosslady1
  • LuckyMonkey1307
  • Danip
  • BlueDiamond0829
  • Me2
  • Guapa1
  • Chica Canella
I know each of us are trying to gain different lengths so...LETS DO THIS!

Count me in I'm already wearing wigs and cornrows for the winter months and I'm getting a lacefront for the spring. I will continue to do this until October or December 2007:)

Last edited:
Okay, so count me in too.
I'm already doing the C&G method. I plan to use it until september too ! I hope to reach APL and BSL very soon with it !

What will be your regimen y'all ?

Im down. Its been a long time, and after falling off the wagon I need to get to shoulder length - by July!!!

Im already in braids and need to establish a regular regimen. What are some of you planning to do?

Updated List

• Bosslady1
    • LuckyMonkey1307
    • Danip
    • BlueDiamond0829
    • Me2
    • Guapa1
    • Chica Canella
    • Shea
    • Naphy
    • Ineedhair
    • Bluwatersoul
I will be looking on groafrohairlong.com for inspiration and incorporate what I find on that site into my Crown and Glory regimen.
I also will be taking my vitamin/hair supplements daily.

Hi -

I've come out of lurking to join in the discussion and would love to join this challenge.

I've been using the C/G method since mid-December. Well, maybe a slightly modified version - my hair is braided in corn rows every two weeks with about two days off - I can't bear it when I cannot wash my hair completely and I have no clue what do with the new growth as I've been relaxed since I was about 12. While in braids, I am using Phytojoba and Nizoral shampoo and Phtyokaratie mask for washing and conditioning twice per week. Additionally, I use Proclaim 7Oil and African Pride Braid Spray daily when I get out of the shower.

Before beginning, I had a very bad relaxer with lots of breakage - so chop chop. I should have stuck with self-relaxing using Phytospecific, but allowed myself to be talked into a different (cheaper) product and had someone else do it. I will relax my hair again. I had planned April, though by joining this challange I'll try for September, but it will probably be August.

I'm very excited to have found and joined this board. Count me in.

i would luv to join. gettin my hair braided next week. (when i get paid:grin: ). Question though:confused: how will you ladiees be washing your hair with your braides? what method? and will anyone be mtgin with their braides.?? ill prolly be keepin mine in until may.

i usually wash my braids in the shower by rubbing the shampoo in my hands and then between and over the braids. It gets the braids messy, but it works, same with conditioner - both pre and post shampoo.

I reviewed the C&G method today and will try it that way next time - using the diluted shampoo and sponge. It seems like that will keep the braids neater.

I have to shampoo or I get really, really itchy no matter how much spray or oil I use. I have found that using the conditioner before and after shampoo, frequent shampooing, and oil after makes for very soft and well moisturized hair when I take it down.

Count me in!!!! I used this method last year when trying to grow out of a bad short haircut. I will probably use it this time to transition.

Updated List:

Bosslady1
LuckyMonkey1307
Danip
BlueDiamond0829
Me2
Guapa1
Chica Canella
Shea
Naphy
Ineedhair
Bluwatersoul
Rootdeep
Hidden Angel
Shynessqueen
Newflowers
GrowmeNow
BellaCranberry7
Cutiebe2

I will be braiding my hair this saturday.

GrowmeNOW said:
i would luv to join. gettin my hair braided next week. (when i get paid:grin: ). Question though:confused: how will you ladiees be washing your hair with your braides? what method? and will anyone be mtgin with their braides.?? ill prolly be keepin mine in until may.

Yeah, I MTG and wash every week. Sometimes I MTG twice a day.:ohwell:

I'm in I think I'll be alternating btw braids and weaves, hopefully this will help me to achieve my shoulder length goal for the summer.

I'm in...I just got some really cute braids put in last saturday in efforts of trying to stretch my relaxer (currently 6 weeks post), trying to strectch to at least twelve weeks. I know I can do it. Jamaican Black Castor Oil (very good product,wish I found it years ago) will be used throughout this process. TheJBCO for daily moisture,mixed with WGO and water. and weekly wash and conditioner with the braids in, with hot oil treatment using the oil. (yes I know...I'm overdueing the oil..but I know my hair...it needs it) and in between braided styles I'll add a light protein treatment for strength and/or my new love silicon mix.

Back