***Crown and Glory Challenge Month 7 ***

Miz_Complexity

Sorry ladies wrong month placed in the title. This is the new thread.
Hey ladies I am just checking in. It is that time once again. Ladies I want to here about thoughts updates. I had made a definite decision about my hair; I am going to transition too natural. I have not had a perm since February 20005. This is the longest I have ever gone with out a relaxer.

I had 2.5 inches of the relaxed hair cut off in July. I have to up load the photos when I get home. I have about 3.5 inches of natural hair. I have about 5.5 inches of relaxed hair. The Demarcation line is scary every time I comb my hair it breaks because of the two textures. That is why I have only been combing it once a week. I have been washing and deep conditioning once a week as well.

I will be getting my next set of braids in September for back to school. I have been debating whether or not to get 2-strand twist. I want a new look every year since I have been in college I went back to school with braid. I want a new look any suggestions. I do wear braid weaves and wigs.

Well I didn't officially join so I guess I will now cuz I am doing the CG Technique. I had braids from late May to late July. Right now I am prepping my hair for another round of braids in probably Mid August - Mid October...and I plan on doing this maybe until Feb 2006

You know, Koffie recommended that I join this challenge and I think I will. I'm going to do this challenge with weaves b/c I've done braids just about my entire life.

I think it's great you're going natural. Do what's best for you. Have you thought about trying various colors for your wigs and braids, just in case you don't want to dye your hair?

well whats the diffrence between the crown and glory, and this challenge..i just plan to keep braiding..and lots of moisture...

NYCQT16 said:
Well I didn't officially join so I guess I will now cuz I am doing the CG Technique. I had braids from late May to late July. Right now I am prepping my hair for another round of braids in probably Mid August - Mid October...and I plan on doing this maybe until Feb 2006

NYCQT16 check out Den1 album and regimine she has a wonderful modified version og the crow and glory regimine.

asummertyme said:
well whats the diffrence between the crown and glory, and this challenge..i just plan to keep braiding..and lots of moisture...

The difference is a routine. THe Crown and glory techinique is where you wear your hair in braids for 2-3 months then leave the braids out 2-3 months. You develop your own hair maintainece with this method.

We have a lovly young lady here Den1 who had a nice album and rountine of the Crown and Glory technique. Check her out when you get a moment.

Miz_Complexity said:
NYCQT16 check out Den1 album and regimine she has a wonderful modified version og the crow and glory regimine.

I checked it and it is wonderful!!! So much info and pictures!!!

My hair is currently in the second month of this braid cycle. I will take out the braid extensions on August 20th, rest my hair for a couple of weeks and then re-braid.

I am also re-considering my hair goals. Originally, I wanted bra-strap length relaxed hair. But, now I am thinking of transitioning completing to natural. The only reason I've relaxed for so many years is habit. I did not fail to care for my natural hair because I never tried. Now I want to try, but not by cutting all the relaxed ends off. I will keep braiding it for another 2 or 3 years and then cut off the relaxed ends.

In the meantime, I'm looking for ways to manage the two textures when my hair is not in braids.

xippy said:
I The only reason I've relaxed for so many years is habit. I did not fail to care for my natural hair because I never tried. Now I want to try, but not by cutting all the relaxed ends off. I will keep braiding it for another 2 or 3 years and then cut off the relaxed ends.

In the meantime, I'm looking for ways to manage the two textures when my hair is not in braids.

This seems like an excellent plan xippy.

I just started my crown and glory last friday. I washed for the first time today and it went well. I followed Robin's wash regimen mixed w/ ajamericandiva's method. I am sitting up in bed waiting for it to dry a bit.

I am going to take out these braids at the end of September then rest it for a few weeks. During that time I am going to get a consultation from A. Dickey on transitioning into a texturizer.

I plan to wear braids for up to one year on and off using the
Crown and Glory technique. After that time I think I wouldn't mind cutting off my bone straight relaxed hair. I'm not sure if I'll start texturizing before the year is out or after. I hope i can be patient enough to wait until after. Hopefully my consultation will help guide me.

RabiaElaine said:
I plan to wear braids for up to one year on and off using the Crown and Glory technique. After that time I think I wouldn't mind cutting off my bone straight relaxed hair. I'm not sure if I'll start texturizing before the year is out or after. I hope i can be patient enough to wait until after. Hopefully my consultation will help guide me.

RabiaElaine this sounds like a great plan. Are you going to go natural or just get a texturiser.

So far i've had my cornrows in for over 2 weeks, i'm getting good growth especially since starting my MSM supplement, tormorrow i'm off to buy some liquid Flaxseed oil, i'm not sure but i'll continue with this regime until i grow out the unevened processed areas before making the decsision to texturize is go completely natural.

I would love to join this challenge..i havent relaxed my hair since May...and the last time i had a sewn weave put in i snipped some of my own hair when taking it out :( so i just decided to get braids and cornrows and go from there...i shampooed my hair for the first time last night with the braids...i know im late..because ive had my braids in since June 25th...so im trying to at least hold out until August 20th or the 27th to take them out..the only thing is i dont know what i can do with my hair during that one month time for me to be conditioning it..do i have to wait a month before going back and getting braids?...because due to the condition of my hair from the last time i saw it..it wasnt looking to good for me to be able to wear it out..and in the past ive done it like that where ive just conditioned my hair and then went back and put the braids back in the next day or a couple days later?...would this be okay...i really want my hair to grow longer than what it has been...ive had so much bad luck with relaxers and my hair breaking...please help...

another thing i wanted to ask i hear so many people talking about texturizers..let me get this right if i grow my hair out and go natural...and decide to go with a texturizer(which is just maybe a mild relaxer but i just dont keep it on long) i will get maybe a natural type curl look...something like Nicole Carson??? im really confused and at a state of being lost on this...i really want to get away from relaxers and get my hair healthy and growing...i want as much info as i can get on what i need to get my hair to growing....

bluediamond0829 said:
another thing i wanted to ask i hear so many people talking about texturizers..let me get this right if i grow my hair out and go natural...and decide to go with a texturizer(which is just maybe a mild relaxer but i just dont keep it on long) i will get maybe a natural type curl look...something like Nicole Carson??? im really confused and at a state of being lost on this...i really want to get away from relaxers and get my hair healthy and growing...i want as much info as i can get on what i need to get my hair to growing....

Hey bluediamond0829, you can join the challenge, I Have not had my hair permed since febuary 2005, I do not know any thing about Texturizers. Nicole Carson hair is nice I don't know what she uses on but her curls are nice.
Try and do a search about texturizers. I know that Den1 is transitioning from a texturizer so check out her album and then send her a PM. HTH

Back