Crown and Glory 2023!

I’m praying so.

I miss my length. @MzSwift

Totally understand! Your consistency will get you to your goal!

It's why I embarked on my personal HYH and Crown & Glory challenge 2 years ago. It was so discouraging to wear my hair out bc it was way shorter than I was used to. And I'm not planning to wear it out again until it's back to my avi length (MBL-WL).

I just want BSL all over back. I can’t deal with more hair than that. It just used to be so fluffy and pull back. Slow and steady wins the race

Come November it will be one year hide my head. It’s a year this month I cut my hair lololl.

Crazy thing is I wouldn’t mind a low cut but I didn’t do that. I just cut six inches and now I feel extra bald headed. Lolol @MzSwift .

I just want BSL all over back. I can’t deal with more hair than that. It just used to be so fluffy and pull back. Slow and steady wins the race

Come November it will be one year hide my head. It’s a year this month I cut my hair lololl.

Crazy thing is I wouldn’t mind a low cut but I didn’t do that. I just cut six inches and now I feel extra bald headed. Lolol @MzSwift .

What, you cut?!! :lachen:

It's ok bc you're right, slow and steady will get you back there. You got this!!

I threw some cornrows in. Also this guy asked me was all this my hair lol. Also got a few compliments but I just think they were being nice because my parts are still tragic :lachen:
My ends need to be trimmed in the worst way but until I can find someone we'll just be rocking the hair as is.
20240812_193542.jpg

I'm surprised you haven't cut your hair yet. Its growing so good! @ItsMeLilLucky
Ooh, thank you hunny! You know my mama said something along those lines as well? :rofl:

She said "I'm so proud of you for not cutting your hair." I told her that I told God I wouldn't do it as long as He keeps His hand on me.

Cause if it was up to me, it would've been on the barber's floor about 5 or 6 inches ago :laugh::lachen::abducted:

3 weeks today in my latest protective style. I’ve been real lazy and sparingly moisturizing. The hair is getting to that curly tangled stage. I plan on getting my hair done again Sept 8th which will be six weeks. I’m taking professional headshots on the 10th and want my hair to look fresh.

I probably take my hair down September 7th.

3 weeks today in my latest protective style. I’ve been real lazy and sparingly moisturizing. The hair is getting to that curly tangled stage. I plan on getting my hair done again Sept 8th which will be six weeks. I’m taking professional headshots on the 10th and want my hair to look fresh.

I probably take my hair down September 7th.

Oooh, knock em dead, girl!

ben-stiller-funny.gif

I spent, I think, Tue-Thurs last week converting micro braids into mini twists with braided bases. And once I finished on Thursday night, I promptly got sick! It was like my mind was telling my body to hold on until I was finished. lol
I was on my back and high on Robitussin all day Friday and Saturday and started feeling a little better yesterday. And I'm so happy I finished my hair bc I would have NO energy to try to finish it now. lol

I can't tell if this is breakage or my edges are growing. I'm thinking it could be both. It was breakage but now it's growth.
20240821_212601.jpg

My braids are loose at the scalp. Is that growth or just the braids settling over time. Hmmmmmmmm

I low key wanna take the crochet hair out and just replace it while leaving the braids in.

Was watching the DNC convention roll call and the DC mayor had in what appeared to be crochet. And what I loved about it was how thin/natural it looked.

Trying to find a good pic:

1724630819050.png 1724630863586.png
1724630983288.png

It's my favorite length in which to wear my curly loose hair crochets too!

I remember back in 2009, I saved a BHM lady's photo bc she used to use water wave crochet in a cute lil bob and the way she did it looked like her natural hair. Everytime I do it, mine turns out so thick! I'm too scared to leave big spaces but that's what she did. And she separated a lot of the curls. I know that means it won't last as long but I want to try to make style look more natural. My favorite wig is spaced out like that too. :scratchchin: Now I wanna find that photo to post for inspiration. I think that'll be my winter full PS. I'm pushing for WL next year.

Hair is out and clean.

I’ll try and get a length check tomorrow morning. It’s nice to see hair but I can’t wait to get it braided back up lol.

Back