Cross Wrap vs Traditional Wrapping

toyas08

Which one is better? I never did a cross wrap before but I want to try it. Every time I wrap my hair the regular way it come out looking a hot mess. :nono:
Which one do you prefer?

When I was relaxed, cross-wrapping worked best. Regular wrapping gave me a smooth look on one side, while the other side went wayward. Personally, I preferred cross-wrapping.

the cross wrap doesn't work at all for me. my hair always came out jacked up. i prefer the regular wrap. my sis...a stylist gave me a good tip. regular wrap it, and then in the am while you're getting dressed , shower, etc, wrap in the opposite direction to keep that one side from being flat. I hadn't tried it yet though.

the cross wrap doesn't work at all for me. my hair always came out jacked up. i prefer the regular wrap. my sis...a stylist gave me a good tip. regular wrap it, and then in the am while you're getting dressed , shower, etc, wrap in the opposite direction to keep that one side from being flat. I hadn't tried it yet though.
That's a great suggestion. It took me years to realize that traditional wrap was too harsh on my edges and making the hair/scalp in that area sore and tender. I wrap clockwise and my edges on the right side of my temple area are thin and I think it's due to traditional wrapping for many, many years. I never changed directions either so that could be part to blame. Cross wrap never worked for me because I always had a dent in my hair come morning.

When I was relaxed, cross-wrapping worked best. Regular wrapping gave me a smooth look on one side, while the other side went wayward. Personally, I preferred cross-wrapping.
Ditto

Which one is better? I never did a cross wrap before but I want to try it. Every time I wrap my hair the regular way it come out looking a hot mess. :nono:
Which one do you prefer?
I prefer to moisturize/seal and pull all my hair back and place two mangnetic rollers on the end that gives me a little bump come morning. This keeps my hair laying flat and not much strain on temple area.

When I wear my hair straight cross wrapping is the best way for me to preserve my style without over manipulating my hair. Traditional wrapping causes too much stress for my fine strands.

Back