Creme of Nature Shampoo = Waxy Build-Up?

EbonyEyes

My mom told me that years ago she used CON and during the first few washes it was great but then it caused her hair to have a waxy-buildup and stylists recommended that she discontinue using it.

To those who have used CON: Did you notice build-up from using CON? Did you stop using it as a result of that or did you just clarify and everything was fine?

Thanks,

Ebony

Re: Creme of Nature Shampoo = Waxy Build-Up?

Yeah..........I noticed build-up the first few time I used it. Im thinking its the balsam in the shampoo, it leaves a film. Besides that, I didnt like CON anyway.

I personally don't use this for every shampoo because I don't like that grimey feeling it leaves, and my hair never feels clean with it, particularly if I had a bunch of crap in it.

i use cream of nature all the time. but then i can't remember when i washed my whole hair with it. i always only wash my scalp with it once and then rinse. i clarify maybe once a month. but i'm doing fine with this shampoo. i think it's the best.

Yes, I used it years ago and got the balsam build-up on my scalp and stopped using it. These days I only use it every once in a while.

HTH
pooh123

I haven't noticed a build-up using creme of nature. I'm with NAY007, I only use it to clean my scalp once a week, plus I clarify once a month.

I've been using it for almost 4 months and I just realized how my hair is starting to accumulate some kind of buildup. I now think my hair needs some sort of sulfate in the shampoo b/c I think the CON was clogging my hair folicules. My hair felt so soft but my scalp never felt clean. And I notice that my hair used to grow alot faster before I began using the CON...

what kinda shampoos do u ladies use as a clarifyin shampoo?

I love it. But like a few of the other ladies mentioned, I only use it on my scalp. I, actually, dilute it w/water (in an applicator bottle) and add a few drops of peppermint oil. By using the applicator bottle, I can get the mixture to my scalp alot easier.

TsAngel

I actually mix this with a stronger shampoo so that my hair isn't so 'slick' after shampooing with it. I don't use it after every shampoo either and when I do use it I only use it on the length, never the scalp. Lord knows my scalp has enough problems as it is!

Yes, a hairdresser a while back told me not to use it because of the balsam.

Chichi
bdance.gif

MY HAIR LOOOOOVES THIS POO
smile.gif
. The "slip" is awesome
smile.gif
. Without this much needed "slip", I would end up with a tangled mess. Love it's "volumizing" effect too
smile.gif

Yeah, i'll get a build up, usually after about 5 straight washes with it, but then I'll just clarify, & it's smooth sailing again
smile.gif

BTW, did I already mention that I love this poo?
confused.gif
laugh.gif

I also love this shampoo. I will always keep it in my stash. I rotate it with my other shampoos. I do plan on trying the 'professional' version. I wonder how much of a difference there is.

The only way that I can use CON is if I use another shampoo for the first wash and then use CON. If I used only the CON my hair would still feel dirty.

[ QUOTE ]
i use cream of nature all the time. but then i can't remember when i washed my whole hair with it. i always only wash my scalp with it once and then rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here, I love this shampoo, It's the best, I don't have any build-up with it, and I wash every 3 days.
Zanna

[ QUOTE ]
NY007: What Pantene product do u use to clarify?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Nay007 but I believe she uses the Pantene Clarifying Shampoo. Its in a clear bottle. I use it too!
love.gif
It's great!

Back