CRAZY HAIR BREAKAGE!!!!!!!!

Vanelle015

Hey guys, I need your help. I am new to this forum and I have some major breakage that wont stop no matter what i do. I swore off weaves for a while so i started braiding again and i don't know if that is going to hurt or help. My hair hasn't been growing much and I think it is due to all the breakage. What can I do or use?

Thanks,
Vanelle.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. These are just possibilities, but it could have been damage from the weaves if they were installed too tight (damage from glue and threads), and if that's the case all you can really do is slow down the rate at which your hair is breaking, with protein conditioners (be careful not to overuse protein) followed up with moisturizing conditioners and making sure that you're very gentle with your hair until the new undamaged hair grows out.

So many things could be causing your breakage. Giving us your full regimen will help us determine the problem and some possible solutions.

Oh, and WELCOME!

I am natural and I have no regimen really. I have tried many products but i haven't been consistent cos when i don't see results, i move on. i press my hair and don't treat it in between same with when i wear weaves or braids, i don't usually treat it. Thank you!!!

How often are you pressing? Consistent heat can also weaken your hair and cause it to break. With the weaves, heat, and braids, you should definitely be doing protein and deep moisture treatments whenever your hair is out.

you're right, I should have done that but I didn't want to bore people with my crazy long stories. basically I had great hair when i never cared back in 2007 and all i did was braid, press and then added weaves into the mix. I don't even remember the products used then. summer 2008, i had a bad weave broke all my hair out and now my hair is fine, thin, and damaged. I literally have no regimen, I just go from style to style and go from there. But I am not seeing great results. I just braided and took it out, and i possibly had more breakage than growth. I'm about to braid again tomorrow and I was just wondering what to do.

I am going through breakage too right now which i think is due to overconditioning. Try clarifying , protein treatment then may be moisture. To correct the problem you need to know the cause first.

I'm so sorry you're going through that. I would think that it's from the weaves & maybe the heat depending on how often you use it. If you are doing weaves I would suggest that you give your hair a break in between installs and focus on moisture/protein balance for a few weeks and then get your install. Dust frequently to get rid of the damaged ends, moisturize & seals, and keep your hair protected.

Back