Crazy colour braids!

I often get braid extensions, either in black or black and brown, but lately I've been thinking of trying something different and maybe going for some black and red or purple braid extensions. It's quite a bold choice, but I am trying to learn to become a more confident and interesting individual.

I've been searching the web for some inspiration, but unfortunately Google Images doesn't seem to have a high abundance of black women in interesting coloured braid extensions. So I'm asking if anyone on LHCF has any cool pictures to share with me, whether it's of you, someone you know or a link to a site full of them? I would be so grateful, thanks :D

These are my purple senegalese twists, I've gotten a lot of love for them on FB lol
Ignore the posing LOL!

ETA: colour 99J in X-pressions in case you are interested :)

Attachments

• 165949_367023670018359_607678516_n.jpg
    165949_367023670018359_607678516_n.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 168
My friend got mock dreads installed and she added about 10 sky blue and purple extensions. It completely changed the whole look and it was so awesome looking! She only went with a few pieces just incase she hated it, but wound up loving it.

These are my purple senegalese twists, I've gotten a lot of love for them on FB lol
Ignore the posing LOL!

ETA: colour 99J in X-pressions in case you are interested :)

Wow, this looks amazing! I love how you've gone all out having the purple all over, whereas I was maybe considering doing it like highlights, but this is making me rethink going bolder! :D

I found these pics online for you

Attachments

• braids-blue.jpg
    braids-blue.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 99
  • braids-burgundy.jpg
    braids-burgundy.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 96
  • braids-purple highlights.jpg
    braids-purple highlights.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 94
  • braids-purple.jpg
    braids-purple.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 88
52602pcn_smithfam06.jpg

79798224617758725_sP2DOK0s_b.jpg

arcadia-2.png

zahara-pitt-440.jpg

tumblr_m2osunX3cm1r72go4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_lvpwa30Ylx1qeg2swo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I always do my own box braids but this was the first time I added a crazy color. I was undecided on purple or pink, so I mixed them both. If I do another set, I may make them blue.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 2 (98).jpg
    2 (98).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Summer Braids (2).jpg
    Summer Braids (2).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 91
Hey, I have a question!!

Does anyone know where on earth I can get purple braid extensions from? I've been searching all over online and in hair shops but cannot for the life of me find any :(

Have you tried paks? I know they have purple braiding hair. there is a few around. just Google paks cosmetics and locate your nearest one.

Back