Cowashing more than x3 a week makes your hair dry?

Kindheart

I ve increased cowashing to 3 times a week+shampoo (sls free) and DC once a week,my hair is getting drier and a bit hard on the ends I believe that might be caused by cones and products overload ,I use more products on a daily basis.WHen I DC the hair return to being soft and supple.Does any of you ladies experience this?

Idk, cowashing with cheapie conditioners full of cones always dries out my hair, even if I just do it once a week.

I co-wash daily and have not experienced a problem with drying, yet...Like some of the other ladies mentioned, I think it may depend on what products you use after you co-wash. I usually put a bit of Keracare Humecto on my hair as a leave in, my hair loves it, it smells amazing and it keeps my hair soft...I am also a juicer :grin:, I love my s-curl !

I think it's the V05 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner that's drying your hair out. Back when I had a teenie weenie afro, I tried that stuff on my hair for co-washing and it made my hair feel dry.

I love and use the V05 Milk Conditioners. They worked great until I read somewhere to "leave a little bit in" while rinsing. :nono: It took me a minute to figure out that that stuff was drying my hair out. I was starting to get split ends too. Umm, no good. I still use it, and Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner, but I wash them out COMPLETELY. Then I moisturize and seal. Oh, and I completely cover my hair with castor oil before I co-wash now too. That may be helping too.

So, I don't know if that's what you're doing, but some conditioners can be drying if they're not used with oils and other moisturizing products.

Last edited:
They worked great until I read somewhere to "leave a little bit in" while rinsing. :nono: It took me a minute to figure out that that stuff was drying my hair out.

I am a frequent co-washer and always left a bit in, then I could never understand why my hair always felt dry, despite the fact that I was using quality products. Thanks for the tip and Op, thanks for sharing :yep:.

vo5 doesn't have cones right?? the pantene has some crazy cones in it, that might be it.

i can get away with amodimethicone. anything else makes my hair feel dry.

Back