Cowashers...How Often Do You Clarify?

I use Wen Fig cleansing Conditoner 2 times a week so it takes care of my scalp and hair.

I "clarify", once a month. I really don't clarify, but I henna then shampoo once a month and that can be seen a clarifier*shrugs*

I was clarifying monthly for my hair I found this to be to often. So I now wait about 2 months or 1.5 months, when my hair is acting funny. It seems to work well. :) I use Ion Clarifying Shampoo. It removes the gunk with out taking all my junk!

If I cowash daily with conditioners containing cones, I clarify my hair every 2 weeks, but if I cowash with products that has no cones then I only need to clarify my hair every 4 weeks. I use other daily products like my hair gels, moisturizers and oil sealants, etc.

After wearing extension braids for 7-8 weeks, I tend to use a chelating shampoo to remove the excess gunk that my regular shampoo and conditioner couldn't remove while in the braids.

I LOVE WEN. ...but I've been wondering, since it does have cones in it if I needed something more once in a while?

I wondered the same thing lwilliams and so I clarify my hair every 3 weeks even if I only use my WEN conditioners just to be on the safe side:look:.

Hmmm I was wondering this question. I was thinking of doing it every two weeks after bunning, because after I wear my hair down and I want all that build up completly out...... hmmm

1-2 times a month with either an ACV Rinse or Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying Moisturizing Shampoo (sulfate-free)....or whenever I need to straighten.....which is rarely (3-4 times a year max)

Any relaxed heads using ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo (clarifies and chelates) weekly? I love how this poo makes my hair feel but don't want to dry my hair out or damage it. I live in a hard water area and I poo once a week and c/w if I must wash mid-week.

Back