Could it be that making the 1st move isnt right for everyone???

BlackHairDiva

People say women should make the first move. Well, for some reason I don't agree. I feel like the men should be approaching me not the other way around. Plus, the idea of doing the first move makes me wonder if the guy was really interested. If a man is really interested he will find a way to communicate with a woman. Am I wrong?
It also makes me wonder if the guy tags along for the meantime or if he is serious.

When I do end up doing the first move, which is rare, it’s a disaster! The worst part is I keep it simple- say hi and smile. It usually results in me dealing with the most arrogant and rude guys. The type that think they are superior because I approached them...at least that is the impression I get.

When I don't do the first move, it’s the opposite; I get asked by men that range from cute to handsome with incredibly beautiful personalities.

What the heck is going on?

Last edited:
Wait, since when do people say women should make the first move?! Everyone I know believes that's the man's job. :perplexed

People say women should make the first move. Well, for some reason I don't agree. I feel like the men should be approaching me not the other way around. Plus, the idea of doing the first move makes me wonder if the guy was really interested. If a man is really interested he will find a way to communicate with a woman. Am I wrong?
It also makes me wonder if the guy tags along for the meantime or if he is serious.

When I do end up doing the first move, which is rare, it’s a disaster! The worst part is I keep it simple- say hi and smile. It usually results in me dealing with the most arrogant and rude guys. The type that think they are superior because I approached them...at least that is the impression I get.

When I don't do the first move, it’s the opposite; I get asked by men that range from cute to handsome with incredibly beautiful personalities.

What the heck is going on?

I agree, its not for everyone. Its something that I never have done and never will do. Approaching a man is not my style.

Personally I am old school. I feel that the man should show his interest first. Face it, we got the goodies right?! However, if I see something I like, I will make the first move.

The first and only time I asked a guy out he turned out to be bi (more like gay if you ask me :perplexed) I didn't get it every time I saw him on campus he always had a ton of girls around him. I had no clue.

I won't make the first move but give him ample opportunity to get at me! :grin: If he doesn't take the bait, he's not interested or not interested enough. And that's not the kind of man I want. I think men like to pursue. And you can never go wrong with being friendly, even if it's perceived in the wrong way. Saying "hello" with a genuine compliment does NOT equal "can we go out."

Back