Could it Be?...New Baby Hair

Royal Glory

Okay...stupid, newbie question #7a...:look:

Is it possible that I am seeing two-inch new hairs...baby hairs...in parts of my head?!

It concerned me at first, but I know I am not having any breakage like that! I have had some shedding this season. ...and these cute little hairs are interspersed throughout the top of my head! Do you veterans think it could be new anagen (growth phase) replacement hairs?! Has anybody experienced this?

Maybe the scalp massages, extra water and MSM are really kicking in. :nuts:

I got new baby hairs poppin up in the front of my head, Im assuming I lost more hair than I thought during Post Partum, cuz I never knew I had any

I have tons of those popping up all over my head too. At first I thought it was broken hairs but I know my hair wasn't breaking. I'd come out of a severe shedding season too.

A FRIEND OF MINE EXPIERENCED THIS AND SHE KNEW IT WASNT BREAKAGE AND THEY WERE ALL IN THE FRONT OF HER HEAD AN D SHE WOULD SWEAR THAT SOME ONE WAS GOIN IN HER ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND SNIPPIN OF BITS OF HER HAIR :lol:

Yep. I have them all of over the top of my head especially around the hairline. My hair was shedding like crazy so I know these 1/2 to 2 inch pieces of hair are all new hairs.

If your hair isn't breaking then they've got to be new hairs. I notice them all the time, all over my head.

I had them along my crown and above my ears after I stopped relaxing.

I'm experiencing this too.
At the back of my head it has recently been feeling very sore and hot. I keep massaging it and I can feel very dry, thick short stubble. It confused me a bit but I know its not breakage because I haven't been shedding or losing any hair lately - so I can only conclude that it is new hair. I started using MTG 2 weeks ago. Looks like its working :D

I have them too, on top of my head. I really noticed them after I henna'd today and thought I had breakage. i'll go with the new growth theory! I guess all my hard work finally paying off!

Hmmmm. I noticed this too just the other night. It's at the very top of my crown. I thought it could be breakage, but I wasn't sure. It's possible that they were always there because I never did my own hair until late August - early September.

I figure I'll let my stylist tell me when it's time for touch up (am @ 10 weeks post as of today).

Dare I think it's new growth? I would be delighted if it were particularly since I have very thin hair at the very top of my crown. I have been using MSM everyday (2000 mg) and SURGE 14 Hair Revitalizer almost daily since the beginning of October...

I have learned not to get too excited about things in life and just let God do his thing...:lol:

Great, ladies! I'm excited to confirm what I was thinking! I just never noticed it before and I have been doing my own hair for years. Maybe the growth was sporadic then. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. At any rate, they are popping up everywhere and I am thrilled about it!

Happy hair growing, everyone!!

This happened to me a few years ago while using the Surge spray. I had new hairs poppin up along my hair line. Different color and texture too.:perplexed

I noticed them in the crown of my head when I started stretching relaxers. Now my hairs pretty much all even since I BCed.

Yep, I've noticed this too. If you look at my siggy, you can see the hair behind my ear that I brushed outwards.. I don't remember ever having that much hair to brush, haha.

My edges thinned out quite a bit due to post-partum shedding...now I notice baby hairs all around the area that was so thin & I only shedded a few hairs this past wash day. These hairs are so fine too, almost like cat hair.

oh my lord, so that's what that is :lachen: i swore my hair was breaking in a certain spot but everytime i comb that section, all hairs were long and had a white bulb. must be da baby hurr coming in lol

OT: keluric - that puff is BEAUTIFUL :love:

Back